Apps Disappearing

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a rather annoying issue. Whenever I restart my phone or power it down to swap batteries etc upon restart it uninstalls several apps and replaces their shortcuts with generic green android icons. I order to get them back I have to reinstall the apps every reboot. After that I need to delete the generic icons to get rid of them. Any ideas what could be causing this? My phone is an LG V10 on AT&T with MM 6.0. It is stock with no root.

Posted via the Android Central App

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a rather annoying issue. Whenever I restart my phone or power it down to swap batteries etc upon restart it uninstalls several apps and replaces their shortcuts with generic green android icons. I order to get them back I have to reinstall the apps every reboot. After that I need to delete the generic icons to get rid of them. Any ideas what could be causing this? My phone is an LG V10 on AT&T with MM 6.0. It is stock with no root.

Posted via the Android Central App
I'm having the exact same issue with 3 Apps, have you resolved your issue?? I'm running 6.0 on my Moto X Pure.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue with 3 Apps, have you resolved your issue?? I'm running 6.0 on my Moto X Pure.
In my case it turned out to be apps storing data on the SDcard. For some reason the phone couldn't find it upon reboot so showed the app not available but the icon was still there so it showed as a generic android dude.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
In my case it turned out to be apps storing data on the SDcard. For some reason the phone couldn't find it upon reboot so showed the app not available but the icon was still there so it showed as a generic android dude.

After reading several other similar posts, I noticed that these type of issues typically point to the SD card as the culprit, interestingly enough I setup my SD card as an extension to my phone's memory (Marsh. 6.0) which allows it, so I gave it a try...perhaps that has something to do with my ongoing issue??!! Just not sure what I should do next in order to resolve it properly and without turning in circles. Anyone care to chime in further??