Wirefly insurance vs Squaretrade?

richhh

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Which one's better. I'm looking to get a Thunderbolt when they come out but I don't want to end up breaking and not have coverage.

1stGenRex

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
to throw more options at you, worth avenue group is also worth checking out. The one thing I took issue with when checking out squaretrade is that they are more like an extended warranty, where what I wanted was more like insurance.

Reactions: dinod

675 Trip

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I just skimmed the Worth policy and the thing I don't like about it vs. squaretrade is the "market value" clause.

If they decide your $600 device is worth $400, that is what they will pay out, less deductible. If your item is no longer available, they will pick something that they determine is equivalent and pay based on that.

I got ripped off by Asurion when my Nexus One died and they would only replace it with a $150 vibrant POS after I paid $130. never again.

I think I will try squaretrade for $100 for 2 years including accidents. They fix or pay original purchase amount. neither cover loss and worth sounds pretty restrictive on theft. (must have visible sign of breakin and police report) so it might as well not be covered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress