How do I lock the screen without putting my phone to sleep?

A

AC Question

How to lock screen without sleep

I want the phone to lock without going to sleep.
I use my phone for tracking in sports, if it goes to sleep the tracking app stops. If I leave it active then unintended button presses and screen touches from getting bashed around mess up the application.

I don't want to view the screen when I am tracking, I want to start my tracking app then lock the phone without it going to sleep.

My problems would be solved if you could set the time before sleep to more than 30 minutes.

There are many apps that allow you to lock the phone but keep the screen on, I don't want that, I want to lock the phone without the screen on and without it going to sleep.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: How to lock screen without sleep

Welcome.
What device do you have?
You may be able to make that adjustment in the Settings in the App itself.

Mav. :cool:

BeachCat1

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: How to lock screen without sleep

I figure out how to do it on my S2 and the latest version of Android.

I run my app which has stay awake enabled.

Then I press the power button which forces it to sleep, I then press the power button again which switches it back to the unlock screen which then keeps the app alive. I make my unlock screen black to minimise the power used from having the unlock screen permanently on.

BeachCat1

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the help VW Maverick(Hey I used to have a custom VW Sirocco MK1 with a 2L Turbo).

But I always run into this problem when using mobile phones in active sports, even the above solution isn't perfect because if the power button is pressed by mistake then it goes back to sleep again......but at least it's only one button to worrry about......I guess I will have to tape two match sticks next to the power button to stop that....so much for Android.....cant believe they lumped the screen off and sleep as the same event.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty