Hi,
    I use WiFi File Transfer app to move files between my Samsung S6 and my PC. This worked brilliantly, I would open WiFi file transfer, copy the URL ftp://...etc...etc.. Into Explorer on my laptop and Explorer would then display the file structure of my S6 and I could transfer and mange files.
    Something has now changed and instead of explorer opening Firefox browser opens and although I get a list of folders in the browser I cannot transfer files any more.
    How can I restore this so that on entering the URL it is Windows Explorer that opens and not a browser (Firefox).

Note that I have the same problem with a Nexus 7

Kind regards

Martin
    08-10-2016 09:39 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It was actually using Windows Explorer (i.e., the Windows file manager) before, and not Internet Explorer? The wi-fi file transfer program I use (Wi-fi File Explorer) uses a web interface on the browser, not Windows Explorer.
    08-10-2016 05:18 PM
    Hi B.Diddy,
    Many thanks for the kind and friendly welcome to this forum.

Sounds like you use a similar program. All I do is to type the URL into windows explorer and a window in Windows Explorer used to open with the file structure of the Android device. What now happens is that a web browser (Firefox) opens, the browser window shows the files on the android device and can open them, but what I cannot do (probably my lack of knowledge) is to transfer the files that I see in the browser window between PC and phone. I would much prefer to see the files in Windows Explorer, I suspect that I need to change some options in Windows Explorer to restore this.

If this does not work how can I transfer files in the browser window, as it appears that is what you do?

For example, if I drag or copy an image into the browser all that happens is that the image opens in the browser, but what I want is to transfer the file, not open it. Same thig if I try to move an item out of the browser window.

Kind regards and thank you for the swift reply.

Martin

PS I tried all ways of using the browser to send images and some small video but all it does is open the file, not transfer it.

M
    08-11-2016 03:11 AM
    WiFi File Transfer's app page in the Play Store has screenshots showing that it specifically uses the web browser and not Windows Explorer: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...transfer&hl=en. Is this the correct app?
    08-11-2016 06:31 PM
    Thanks for reply
    I have a different App https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...transfer&hl=en and this shows file transfer within Windows Explorer rather than a browser.

I think that I will use the app that you referred to in the link, this shows a much better interface and appears to offer a better interface (with a help file) on the PC.

Many thanks for your assistance, I will preserver and try to compare the two apps.

Martin
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-12-2016 02:32 AM
    I would also suggest AirDroid (which is almost the gold standard for wi-fi file transfer apps), or Wi-fi File Explorer Pro (the full version is free on Amazon Underground).
    08-14-2016 12:09 AM