Rooting a verizon note 7

pjbelsch

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
HI i was just curious to know if anyone has "rooted"(i believe thats what its called) the verizon note 7. i am reading things (switched from iphone) that verizon has a lot of pre-installed garbage on the note 7 and it isnt truly an android phone. i have gone and disabled any apps of verizons that i do not use but i am curious to see if anyone was completely wiped it to put in essence "pure android" on their note 7.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
HI i was just curious to know if anyone has "rooted"(i believe thats what its called) the verizon note 7. i am reading things (switched from iphone) that verizon has a lot of pre-installed garbage on the note 7 and it isnt truly an android phone. i have gone and disabled any apps of verizons that i do not use but i am curious to see if anyone was completely wiped it to put in essence "pure android" on their note 7.

It looks like the Verizon Note 7 is rooted: [ROOT] VZW Note 7 | Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 7

As for "stock android", that requires installing a custom ROM built from source. That I don't think is available. Honestly, I would not suggest going the AOSP route with a Note 7 since you'll loose the S Pen functionality which is built into the stock software. If you decide to root, be sure to read up very carefully since doing so, and mess up, you can render render the device unusable (bricked) and you'll be out a very expensive device.