move to SD?

tom_r_k

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Why does it not move apps fully? I see paper toss is almost
6mb but when moved to SD it comes up as 1.8mb on apps2sd. Why is this and is there any way of telling how many apps iv got taking up excess memory like this apart from moving them back and forth from the memory card. I want to know why the whole app doesn't get moved.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Why does it not move apps fully? I see paper toss is almost
6mb but when moved to SD it comes up as 1.8mb on apps2sd. Why is this and is there any way of telling how many apps iv got taking up excess memory like this apart from moving them back and forth from the memory card. I want to know why the whole app doesn't get moved.

Some apps, just cannot be moved to the SD in their whole form. If this would happen, your app may be too slow to run, or not run at all. The phone memory is just quicker and more convienant. If you have the retail version of Apps2sd, whenever you install an app, it should tell you if it can be moved to the sd card upon installation.

If you run a rooted phone, and install a custom ROM like CM6 or maybe even 7, they use apps2ext. Might free up more phone memory.

tom_r_k

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Seems almost a little pointless really if only 1mb of a 6mb program moves and doesnt tell you. I think I may root my phone because desire just doesn't have enough internal memory.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
1 < 6. Not pointless at all.

Don't forget that cache and data for your apps also use internal storage by default. They're quite often overlooked by those trying to free up internal storage.