I have a Note 3....why does Yahoo Aviate Launcher keep trying to download and how do I stop it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Some other app must be responsible -- do you have any other Yahoo apps installed? How is it trying to download -- do you see an actual download progress indicator in the status bar, or do you keep getting popups asking you to install it?

OldGreyWolf58

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
As far as I can tell....there are no other Yahoo apps....In the notification area at the top it tell me it downloading aviate launcher....however it never actually downloads anything....i installed it a couple of months ago to see if that would stop the problem, but as soon as I deleted it the downloading message started again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you see that notification, swipe down the notification panel and long-press the notification. Then tap App Info. What's giving you the notification?

OldGreyWolf58

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
OK, I think that did the trick....I didn't realize I could press and hold on the notification and see where it was coming from......so I deleted the app that was causing it.
Thanks so much for the response and teaching me something.