Blackberry style notification bar icons?

Sighter

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

Coming from a Blackberry, I really miss the way that it handled the notification bar icons.

What I mean is that when you'd get a new message, there would be the mail or SMS icon with a red star * on it. If you opened the app to look at the message list, but didn't open the message itself and canceled back to home screen the red star would disappear but the mail/sms icon would still be there. Only when you go in and view the message itself would the icon completely go away.

Is there any way to replicate this on android?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Sorry. No red star, fireworks, explosions, etc. Only a new sms icon, FB icon, mail icon.

But, in the notification bar, when you are notified, you can slide the bar down, and select "Clear". And it goes away.

Note, you will get a short message on who it's from, in case you actually want to read it.

Note again, that some custom ROMs might have a different notification icon.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Depending on the app, you can get the number of unread messages on the app icon. I know handcent does that for sms and plume for twitter. There's a way to do most of what you want.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That sounds cool... that notification I'd love to have. :)

However, I do like the pull down notification on Android. My only "smh" is the two seconds display of the message send visible at the top of your screen. Ugh!

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
That sounds cool... that notification I'd love to have. :)

However, I do like the pull down notification on Android. My only "smh" is the two seconds display of the message send visible at the top of your screen. Ugh!

Keep in mind, I use a custom ROM. But, my sms, tells me how many. Same as FB notifications.

As with app updates, and installs, I get a checkmark for each successful completion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo