My Email won't auto sync

Batmans

May 24, 2018
Visit site
I have a galaxy s7 and my emails won't auto sync, I have Gmail app, bluestacks email app and the system email app and none of them will auto sync. I have the master sync turned off as I don't trust Google with syncing my other stuff, I only want to receive auto push email notifications, even downloaded other playstore email apps with no joy. I don't know why they don't give us the choice to have master sync off and still receiving emails, it worked okay on my galaxy s4. I may be missing something, thanks for any help with this.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, if you have the system sync switch turned off, not much we can do... this kinda turns off auto sync on anything (unless the app doesn't follow system rules, which would make it a poorly coded app). You CAN turn off sync for individual items, though... Just go into your Google Account settings on your phone and keep GMail turned on and everything else off if you don't want to sync that. But the system switch is that... a SYSTEM switch. You have granular options per account and app, but the 'master' toggle is an easy way to temporarily(or permanently) disable sync in the background either to save data or battery without having to change the settings in every app, yet still make it easy to turn it back on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez