Google Keep Notes Not Syncing

Tashreef Ihtisham

Apr 9, 2017
Visit site
All of a sudden notes taken on my Google keep app is not syncing. It was working fine till yesterday, but today, it is not working at all. The images show syncing icon but never finishes.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Go to Settings>Accounts and select your Google account. Is Keep's sync switch turned on? If so, is there a Sync Error listed there?

Tashreef Ihtisham

Apr 9, 2017
Visit site
Hi, Thank you for moving it to the right forum. Yes, the Keep option was turned on. Now it is syncing just fine. Had to remove and re-add gmail account as suggested. The only thing is, it is a temporary solution, it stops syncing after an hour so and I need to repeat the process all again.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which phone do you have? If it's a phone that has aggressive RAM management (like Huawei phones), or if you have a 3rd party "RAM cleaner" app installed, it could be killing Keep in the background, preventing it from syncing properly.

Nirph

Jan 31, 2020
Visit site
All of a sudden notes taken on my Google keep app is not syncing. It was working fine till yesterday, but today, it is not working at all. The images show syncing icon but never finishes.

Please make sure your phone internal memory is not warning. Sync doesn't happen when your memory is low. If you cant help gaining more space, try using Simplenote.

RahulJiwane

Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
Thanks Bro!

I tried everything but the sync wasn't working. I didn't think this suggestion of yours from 1 year back would work. My phone had enough free space so didn't think the suggestion would work but still gave it a try and deleted some unwanted stuff from to phone to free up some more space and to my surprise the sync started working.

I can't thank you enough for this. I was getting really frustrated to see that my notes on the phone are not getting synced with my google account, I feared that I would lose my notes but thanks to you that I won't