Android noob - duplicate emails, +1 other Q

sac02

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Just got a Samsung Infuse yesterday, just getting used to it (came from BB Bold).

What's the difference b/t the Gmail app and the permanent Email button on the homescreen?

Whenever I receive an email, I receive it twice. First it pops up in the Gmail app, and a few minutes later I get it again in the Email folder. How do I remedy this?

Also, a somewhat unrelated question: Can I "delete from handheld" those emails which I'd like to delete from my phone, but not delete from in my Gmail inbox? This was a feature of my BB that I liked a lot, but have yet to discover on my Infuse - right now all I seem to be able to do is "delete", which deletes the email from my phone and Gmail account.

Thanks,

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Gmail app is only for gmail. Yuo can set up Email for gmail but you won't get any of the benefits of the gmail app.

Whenever I receive an email, I receive it twice. First it pops up in the Gmail app, and a few minutes later I get it again in the Email folder. How do I remedy this?
Remove your gmail account from the Email app. You have it set up in both apps if you're receiving email in both apps.

Also, a somewhat unrelated question: Can I "delete from handheld" those emails which I'd like to delete from my phone, but not delete from in my Gmail inbox? This was a feature of my BB that I liked a lot, but have yet to discover on my Infuse - right now all I seem to be able to do is "delete", which deletes the email from my phone and Gmail account.
You'd need to find an email app with that option. I'm not saying that either of these does but they're always recommended: try K9 or Maildroid. You're not using a BB anymore so don't assume you're stuck with the stock apps. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez