Moto R2D2 Droid2 misbehaving

Tirrex_Falcon

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Greetings,

Recently my phone has started to really misbehave. It'll lockup and not respond until I pull the battery. For example, I was on the phone last night with some tech support for my internet and the phone went to a "power save" by turning off the screen (I had my wired headset on) I tapped the screen and nothing happened so I hit the power button to wake it up again nothing happened. All this time the automated voice is asking me to enter an option. I tired holding the power button and nothing, I slid the face up to reveal the keyboard and still nothing. Finally I had to pull the back off and remove the battery.

It does this at random. Sometimes it's in response to emails and others it just locks and reboots. So, how can I save off all the stuff that I have bought and or downloaded to this thing so that I can do a factory reset and then go through one by one and find the offensive app or whatever is causing this crap?

Thanks,

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You're primary concern will be to make sure contacts are sync'd with Google (settings > accounts & sync > google > contacts) and any important text messages are saved (there are apps on the market for free which will backup then restore sms messages).

Everything on the sd card will remain ok -- you can still backup the sd card to your computer just in case you are concerned with losing sensitive information. All the apps you purchased will still be located under the "my apps" section of the market. You will need to redownload the apps but won't need to pay for them again as long as you are using the same gmail account.

You can also go into settings > privacy > sync with google to have apps backed up on google so you can have the apps re-download when you factory reset. It doesn't work perfect, but should get apps back onto you phone without having to remember what you have.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Appbrain is another good tool to sync an app list to the cloud. Create an account on appbrain.com then download and load their app from the market. Then you can sync all your apps to the appbrain site and you will have a list of what you had.

Tirrex_Falcon

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
so far so good

Finished braining my Droid2, and after getting bent over by the Market's auto install of everything I bought... the phone seems to be behaving itself.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Great. PvilleComp posted a great idea to keep your app lists sync'd with Appbrain. If you are not rooted, that's probably the next best option to ensure a complete backup of apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo