RCA 7" android tablet locked with forgotten pin, and what now?

Benny7440

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
This's a sisters tablet that a grandson of her dropped and a corner of the screen broke, so there's a portion unreachable unless I flip the tablet 180°. That's the reason it was left aside untouched for ~ 2 years and the pin forgotten by all that used it.

Now I want to try to give it a se ond chance for some tasks but since can't start it properly I can't. Have searched for certain ways of resetting it but none work with it. The tablet is an RCA Proscan PLT7100G(K).

How many alternatives do I have and what are them? I ask this because factory resetting it should be the last one and somehow been able to recover the pin to unlock the tablet the first, but there might be other things that can be done not considered by me, yet...

Thanks in advanced for any help on this!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Several wrong PIN entries may lead to a prompt to enter the details of the Google account associated with a device. More than several may cause a factory reset, so be careful.

Benny7440

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for replying, belodion!
That sounds as a good advise but it arrived too late. Have seen a message stating that I've tried a wrong pin five times & have to wait #* secs before trying again maybe 2 dz times already.

Benny7440

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for replying B Diddy!

Have tried all those combinations already and never saw the screen for resetting it or any other than the one for typing the pin.

If I can connect the tablet to a laptop, with the tablet off, can I scan it as if it would be a pendrive? Have read that there's a file, if missing, it won't ask for a pin. The only important thing to find is the name/location of that file.

Can you or someone else help with this?

Edit: After seeing that video twice & following it without the expected outcome I was about to close the tab but, at the final microsecond remembered that many times there's a written explanation under it & went there. I was a little bit surprised that I have not understood the order and timing with the volume-up/power buttons. I did it again and it worked ok.

Thanks for your reply and this could be marked as Solved!

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, I'm afraid you can't access the tablet that way if it's locked. It's a security measure, so you can't bypass it, and we don't allow discussions of that nature on this forum -- sorry!

Is there a pinhole reset button anywhere?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non