Need help with an Onn tablet with a cracked screen...

John Biddle

Jun 15, 2020
Visit site
I have an ONN 10" tablet. I dropped it and the screen cracked. I was able to continue to use it for a month even though there was a small part of the screen which would no longer respond to touch by rotating the tablet.

The tablet ran out of power when I apparently didn't connect the cable fully, and when I recharged it and booted up I could not enter my pin because the area of the screen I needed to touch was in the nonfunctional area and the screen would not rotate.

I did a factory reset but didn't get any further. I can't get in by any of the means to identify myself because I can't rotate the screen so that I can enter the needed info.

I'm out of ideas. I'd like to recover this tablet if I could since I only use it for the simplest things, the crack is not much of a visual issue and I didn't need to rotate it much once logged in and I'd rather not buy a new on if I can get this one working.

Any suggestions?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome!

You should of did backup when you had for a month working and saved data to computer. The only thing I could suggest is a USB mouse see if can get in that way .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You could also connect a basic USB keyboard, but you probably need to do so with an OTG adapter (which is cheap).

John Biddle

Jun 15, 2020
Visit site
Mustang, I have nothing on the tablet I needed to back up, it's just a useful browsing device for me I'd rather not have to pay $100+ to replace if not necessary. I'll try a USB mouse, interesting idea.

P.Diddy, I don't want to spend any money on a cracked screen device, was hoping I could find a way in for free. I have a usb mouse and will try that.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Mustang, I have nothing on the tablet I needed to back up, it's just a useful browsing device for me I'd rather not have to pay $100+ to replace if not necessary. I'll try a USB mouse, interesting idea.

P.Diddy, I don't want to spend any money on a cracked screen device, was hoping I could find a way in for free. I have a usb mouse and will try that.
Ok , try B.Diddy and My suggestion see what happens

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Even with the mouse, you might need an OTG adapter. Like I said, they're quite cheap on Amazon (like around $5), and might be useful for other reasons in the future (like using USB flash drives with your phone), so it may still be worth getting.