This app seems to be running constantly at some times and then i won’t see it for days. Does anyone know about this app because I suspect someone is remotely on my phone spying. I have a picture but don’t know Everett to upload it. I have a Samsung Galaxy J7 Star.
    01-24-2020 12:16 PM
    Where are you seeing this? "KeepAlive" sounds like some kind of wakelock system app/service that makes sure the phone remains awake, depending on what you're doing. Why do you think someone is spying on you? There are many ways you can leave your personal data open for others to see that has nothing do with spyware (and is mostly related to social media activity).

I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

EDIT: See this article for more info in KeepAlive: https://insights.samsung.com/2018/06...t-remote-wipe/
    01-24-2020 12:24 PM
    Trying to screenshot. Taking a lot of battery.
    01-24-2020 12:42 PM
    My question to you is this then, first off... would this have to be directly downloaded into my phone?
    01-24-2020 12:45 PM
    01-24-2020 12:46 PM
    If it's what that link discussed, then it's part of Samsung Knox, Samsung's own preinstalled security suite. Is this your own personal phone, or did a company give it to you? Or is it your personal phone that you brought to work, and your work had to install some kind of device management software?

Whatever you're experiencing, see if it still happens in Safe Mode: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/dev...galaxy-j7-star
    01-24-2020 12:48 PM
    If it's a company-supplied phone, or a phone you own, but are using with a company, it's probably against company policy to remove or stop the app. (If it were my phone, and they wanted me to be in constant contact, I'd ask them "Using which phone? You didn't give me one." If they said "Yours." I'd tell them that I don't have cellphones. If having a cellphone is part of the job requirement, so is paying for the phone and the account - theyhave to pay. If they require you to pay, they have to deduct that from the amount they're paying you, at least for tax purposes. [Of course, I've never accepted a "you must stay in contact" job - I've refused jobs because of that. If they really want you, they'll waive the requirement or supply you with a phone and a paid account - but I still never accepted a job that came with a leash.])
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-24-2020 06:22 PM