Headphones with verbal battery status

Nquateman

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to find Bluetooth headphones that have ear clips, and also can give an audio status of the battery level. I've had several Plantronics Fit Beats, which had that feature, but the reviews of the current models are pretty consistently unfavorable. I have a couple pair of MPOW, which are comfortable and sound good, but don't have the audio feedback on battery level, and the blinking light irks my wife in the evening. I've also tried a couple of the Android apps that show the headset's battery level, but find them inaccurate.

Any suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the General News forum to the General Help forum, which I think is more appropriate.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to find Bluetooth headphones that have ear clips, and also can give an audio status of the battery level. I've had several Plantronics Fit Beats, which had that feature, but the reviews of the current models are pretty consistently unfavorable. I have a couple pair of MPOW, which are comfortable and sound good, but don't have the audio feedback on battery level, and the blinking light irks my wife in the evening. I've also tried a couple of the Android apps that show the headset's battery level, but find them inaccurate.

Any suggestions?

I use the Mpow Jaws and they alert me when the battery is low.

Nquateman

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Correct. But with Android 10 I noticed it displays it under the Bluetooth icon in my settings when connected.
I hadn't noticed that, thanks for the tip. If it turns out to maintain accurate readings, that could open up my whole headset world! (g)
42b5156da56137b178e7ab210f83ee28.jpg

internetish

Feb 27, 2020
Visit site
Wow I would want one without verbal updates. It's just annoying that the music is paused and it keeps updating me when battery is low.

Nquateman

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine is always around 60% so now I am monitoring it to see if it goes down.
Has it been working for you?
I see it give a reading of either 100%, or 90%, or 70%, or 30%. Those are the only readings I've seen. And, when it reads 30%, I've found that really means "you're out of battery within a few minutes". So, where I've landed on this is that if it says 70%, it means I should plug it in to charge when I'm done with the current session. For me, the current session usually means "the next morning" because I primarily use the headphones to go to sleep.

Nquateman

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Wow I would want one without verbal updates. It's just annoying that the music is paused and it keeps updating me when battery is low.
Yes, I agree that the tail end of the battery life is the only time there are verbal announcements, and they're frequent and annoying because when they start it means the headphones will turn off within a few minutes. So, that's too late to do anything about it.

What I miss is the Plantronics headset that used to give one announcement at each 20% decrease, and only if you pushed a button to ask for a reading. That feature is gone, and I haven't found any other units that do it. That was the reason to start this thread.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I can only imagine having my calls, music or podcasts interrupted by such notifications. I like the view of the status on the quick settings panel.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I agree that the tail end of the battery life is the only time there are verbal announcements, and they're frequent and annoying because when they start it means the headphones will turn off within a few minutes. So, that's too late to do anything about it.

What I miss is the Plantronics headset that used to give one announcement at each 20% decrease, and only if you pushed a button to ask for a reading. That feature is gone, and I haven't found any other units that do it. That was the reason to start this thread.

Sorry the best option I could find. :(

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The best I could offer would be the Blue Parrot line of headsets, but none of the current ones that could announce battery stats on command have the clip style you want. If interested, they have a voice command to ask for the battery level, and it responds low/medium/high.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87