How to recover moved photo?

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I attached my Samsung phone using USB cable to my PC, I cut and paste the photo from my Samsung phone folder to my PC. I have edited the photo from my PC and messed up, so I want to have the original photo again.

How to recover the photo in my Android phone?

Thanks.

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I am wondering if there is any recovery software that can recover files inside my phone? (I mean it was cut (in phone) and paste (in pc) a few days ago maybe can do a uncut/undelete)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am wondering if there is any recovery software that can recover files inside my phone? (I mean it was cut (in phone) and paste (in pc) a few days ago maybe can do a uncut/undelete)
Let's see what happened first before we jump to other things like recovery software . Do you have Google photos sync with your gallery? And do you have Samsung Samsung cloud on and sync?

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Let's see what happened first before we jump to other things like recovery software . Do you have Google photos sync with your gallery? And do you have Samsung Samsung cloud on and sync?

I use mostly default settings in my Note8. I did not setup google photos to sync, I view photos using the default samsung gallery. No Samsung cloud. I did not create Samsung Account.

I have google account [backup my data] is switched on.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I use mostly default settings in my Note8. I did not setup google photos to sync, I view photos using the default samsung gallery. No Samsung cloud. I did not create Samsung Account.

I have google account [backup my data] is switched on.
Ouch that's going be tough , if something happened by that transfer to computer , its going be very tough to get them back without some serious knowledge how to extract things that been deleted and root . Even that's not guaranteed.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Is your DCIM folder on the device or an SD? If it's on an SD Recuvva should be able to recover it by downloading the program on your PC and connecting your device to your PC as readable memory or with a card reader. If it was internal memory, I'm not sure if it will work, but Recuvva is freeware and it couldn't hurt to try. In the meantime, if you can avoid it, I wouldn't take anymore pics or videos or if you can't avoid it, change the save location to whichever you aren't using. Internal if you're using external, external if you're using internal.

I've had about 87% success rate with Recuvva. The one time I needed something and it didn't work for me I was able to Google "programs like recuvva" and found a list of about 10 other programs and one of those worked for me. I'd be wherry of paying for a program that says it can recover from devices without checking reviews from sources that didn't include links to or ads for the same app. Remember reviews can be faked.

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
My DCIM folder is on the device, not SD, no SD card in phone. I just tried Recuva but it cannot detect the my phone, My PC is able to see note8 but Recuva is unable to see my note8 as a drive (screenshot https://i.imgur.com/rw2ewpe.png ), any idea how to let recuva see my note8?

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
What occurs when you tick the box circled?
82d170ef8a5584460a6440cf212926b8.jpg

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Cut from Phone\DCIM\Camera folder and paste into PC
The others are doing a good job trying to help you recover the lost photo and there's nothing else I could offer on that front. Even if you can't recover the photo, here's some tips for future reference.

Never cut and paste, as that removes the original file and can lead to permanent data loss if the transfer has a glitch. It's best to copy and paste, then delete the original if you wish once you verified the transfer went through ok. When editing, don't simply save the file, as that overwrites the original. Use the "save as" function and save it to a different folder to keep it isolated (for lack of a better term) while you work on it. This leaves the original file intact.

If you do a lot of editing, look for software that allows you to also save the project. Photoshop does this, but I'm not sure of others off the top of my head. I think GIMP does too (and is free). This lets you work on an image in multiple sessions, but also allows you to undo your work later if needed.

Good luck!