Why no article on Verizon's new 5G Network

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I realize that the new 5G support is nothing different from other 5G networks that piggy back on LTE, but it is a new option for Verizon users.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not new either. It may be where you are, but they started the rollout at the beginning of the year (late February-early March).

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Judging by the comments from others here, it's not worth an article. Questionable coverage (yes, even on the low band), and speeds the same as LTE or worse. I'm on Verizon, but my LG V60 hasn't yet received any 5G related update. I'm in no rush anyway, as I'd have no functional improvement in usage with higher speeds.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
If this roll-out is the reason my calls are being dropped at a rate much higher than before and in areas where I had coverage then it's a fail and I want the old technology back.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Judging by the comments from others here, it's not worth an article. Questionable coverage (yes, even on the low band), and speeds the same as LTE or worse. I'm on Verizon, but my LG V60 hasn't yet received any 5G related update. I'm in no rush anyway, as I'd have no functional improvement in usage with higher speeds.

How is this different from AT&T?