Multi-phoners‽

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I never understood the use for GCAM. Every time I've tried it, all I get is some stupid app that just makes me search for things.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Here's GCam on Note 10+ versus stock camera. Check out the difference in detail. The only drawback is the half-second processing delay that happens after you press the shutter button in the GCam app. Pics were taken next to the window, so there was ample light, and still there was an oil painting effect on hair and for general human features. I bring this up because it's probably the only disappointing thing I find with my N10+, and even then, it can be fixed with a workaround.

Overall, I like my N10+, but that's because I accept it's limitations and purchased it with specific intentions: NES-PS2 and everything in between for emulation, taking the burden off my daily driver when watching YouTube via WiFi, shooting video, and Samsung Picture Link (one of my FAVORITE features no one knows about). It's not my daily driver, and I don't expect security updates, nor do I intend on using it for still shots (I've got a P3, P4 and P6 on deck for that), but for raw power, I love it.
Your daughter is gorgeous too. Excellent shots.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
One of the only reasons I'm thinking of keeping my Pixel 6 is the camera. I'm not trying to get professional photos. I mostly take outside nature shots but you can certainly tell the difference. Other than that my cheap Samsung does the trick.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
One of the only reasons I'm thinking of keeping my Pixel 6 is the camera. I'm not trying to get professional photos. I mostly take outside nature shots but you can certainly tell the difference. Other than that my cheap Samsung does the trick.

Yes -- camera appeal makes it very difficult to give up the Pixel experience!

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
It will allow better photo results when I'm out being active (in situations that I don't want to expose my S22Us to. It allows reverse wireless charging for those same situations for my better half and son. It will give me more updates for a more secure/feature-rich experience, a better display (not so important]. A faster, smoother, (perhaps longer lasting experience). Are those things worth $343? That is the question.
I pulled the trigger on the Samsung Certified Re-Newed Note 10+ this morning and should receive it this upcoming Thursday. I finally submitted to the pull as I realized I was going to just keep thinking about it. I'm waiting to receive the instructions to send in the Note 9.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I pulled the trigger on the Samsung Certified Re-Newed Note 10+ this morning and should receive it this upcoming Thursday. I finally submitted to the pull as I realized I was going to just keep thinking about it. I'm waiting to receive the instructions to send in the Note 9.
Sweet

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Awesome. Just be careful about how you send in your trade in device. As you read my thread about it, it can easily get stolen along the way.

How much did you end up paying if you dont mind me asking?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Awesome. Just be careful about how you send in your trade in device. As you read my thread about it, it can easily get stolen along the way.

How much did you end up paying if you dont mind me asking?
$343

I am glad that I at least gave it a lot of thought before I pulled the trigger. I won't buy any more phones until I trade one of the S22Us in for a Fold 4, if the Fold 4 is indeed worthy.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
$343

I am glad that I at least have it a lot of thought before I pulled the trigger. I won't buy any more phones until I trade one of the S22Us in for a Fold 4, if the Fold 4 is indeed worthy.

So glad you made the choice that worked best for you! Good for you! Let us know when the trade is complete and all is well!