Nexus devices w/ 5mp camera!?

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
5mp is enoth for phone to do stuff like QR reading, AR and random pictures to support apps, bigger matrix won't cover up impefections of small lanses, my S2 got 8mpix and when i zoom in it does not looks so pretty. If you want good camera buy photo camera.... or Android photo camera :p

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
5MP is perfectly fine for taking decent snapshots. I got some great shots of the Eiffel Tower with my Nexus. It will never replace a DSLR, but is certainly better than most point and shoots of a couple of years ago.

IMG_20120906_111551.jpg

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if trolling but...

I'd rather have a great 2 MP camera than a crappy 13 MP camera.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, but good backlit CMOS with an effective image processing engine does not take up more space, just costs a bit more.

Tell that to Nokia. They seem to have dedicated quite a bit of space in the Lumia 920 to the camera module.

Better yet, tell it to any phone maker that has a bulge for the camera.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Because a year+ ago, Google decided that was the best they could afford to put in for the price point they were aiming for.
Today, it's a different market, and the new Nexus phone will be competitive with other top tier phones.

shkim698

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I think it depends on what and how you want to use it. In my opinion, for a phone camera, 5mp is good enough for uploading onto social network sites. To be honest, do we really see the difference between 5 and 8 or even 12 megapixel photos?? unless we actually start editing them by resizing and zooming in.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think it depends on what and how you want to use it. In my opinion, for a phone camera, 5mp is good enough for uploading onto social network sites. To be honest, do we really see the difference between 5 and 8 or even 12 megapixel photos?? unless we actually start editing them by resizing and zooming in.

I think the only time higher MP matters is if you're doing 100% crops. So I agree with you. It appears as though camera manufacturers have stopped trying to shove higher MP sensors in cameras and are starting to focus on sensor size (like the Sony NEX series). Phones have tended to follow their lead, so maybe in a couple of years we'll see phone makers try it, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez