Mmmm, getting bored now. What is it??

mulletmeister

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi all.

I was given a Giani MiPal 3 and it is getting on my nerves. The screen takes a while to respond, apps hang and I get the message 'XXXX has stopped responding' wait etc.

I have a Samsung Fit that outperforms this blasted tablet in many ways. Admittedly, it's clockworked and Cyanogen 7 on it, but it is so much morre user friendly than the tab, with a faster CPU, more memory etc.... I can't even seem to get the tablet into recovery. Tried Volume up / down and power on, but nothing! I have tried most combinations of buttons without any joy.

I would love to get this thing working properly, and I am at the end of my tether. Is there any way of finding out what 'mod' would sort this out. I have run AnTuTu benchmark and here are the specs shown:-

Brand : Softwinners

CPU Hardware: Sun4i

CPU Model: ARMv7 (VFPv3, NEON)

CPU Speed; 60.00 - 1200Mhz

Screen Res: 1024 x 564

GPU Vendor: ARM

GPU Render: Mali-400 MP

GPU Version: OpenGL ES 2.0

Android Ver: 4.0.4

Build No: 10_v1.4_PA0108CD_DR0780_V14

Kernel: Linux Version 3.0.8+(root@benign)(gcc version 4.5.1 (Soucery G++ Lite 2010.09-50)) #36 PREEMPT Fri Jul 13 19:01:54 CST 2012

There you go, Pretty comprehensive and maybe someone can make head or tail of it all???:(

I thought it might be a Sunei N10, but I've got a 'hard button' for back. I have an HDMI output, a mini usb connector and that is it apart from charging socket and headphones. Also only has a camera on the front.I tried the N10 recovery / boot menu power and vol-, but no luck!

Last edited:

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Odp: Mmmm, getting bored now. What is it??

As long you gonna buy some odd devices that no body knows about you gonna have problems like that

mulletmeister

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Odp: Mmmm, getting bored now. What is it??

As long you gonna buy some odd devices that no body knows about you gonna have problems like that

I was given it as a pressie! It works fine, just awkwardly.

Anyways, cheers for the (maybe) sarcasm. I was hoping someone might have seen the configuration before, but hey.... what do I know, I'm just a noob who is gratefull when people spend money on him.