What phone should I get (ATT)

What phone should I get? ATT)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nube_android

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Well my contract ends soon and I am looking between S3, (OR, should I wait for S4?) Lumia 920, HTC 8X, and maybe the soon to be released HTC One. What do you guys think? :):)

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Why didn't you include the N4? Definitely the best choice IMO. Latest Android version, fastest processor other than the HTC One, half the price of the others.

nube_android

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Why didn't you include the N4? Definitely the best choice IMO. Latest Android version, fastest processor other than the HTC One, half the price of the others.

The reason I don't want the N4, is because not only does it cost more, the battery is non removable, and the battery doesn't last long, theirs no 32GB storage, and I will never buy another glass phone. Plus, I see most cases and accessories ETC for phones like the S3, not N4. I like the N4 on paper, but also I like phones like the S3'S UI more, along with features like smart stay. Although after looking at HTC'S new sense I am rethinking because the new Sense looks awful.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The reason I don't want the N4, is because not only does it cost more, the battery is non removable, and the battery doesn't last long, theirs no 32GB storage, and I will never buy another glass phone. Plus, I see most cases and accessories ETC for phones like the S3, not N4. I like the N4 on paper, but also I like phones like the S3'S UI more, along with features like smart stay. Although after looking at HTC'S new sense I am rethinking because the new Sense looks awful.

It's actually half the price, not more expensive. Also, there are tons of cases for the N4. Have you checked ShopAndroid? That would solve the glass problem. If you like TouchWiz, you can easily root an N4 and get a TouchWiz-like ROM. The battery was only bad before 4.2.2; now it's as good as any other phone. Lack of storage also isn't a problem if you have cloud storage and one of those $30 unlimited data plans, but seeing that you're on AT&T, looks like that would be the only problem.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Remember, I am buying subsidized, because my contract ran out. I am not in Europe.

If by mentioning you aren't in Europe, you're referring to my mention of the $30 plan, that isn't Europe-only. It's T-Mobile prepaid plan with 100 mins, unlimited texts, and unlimited data with 5 GB 4G. You can use a VoIP app for more minutes. But I don't want to push it too much. Out of the options you listed, I would recommend waiting for the Galaxy S4.

Edit: I also see you mean the N4 is more expensive because its unlocked price is higher that the other phones' on-contract price, and it isn't available on-contract on AT&T. Well, there's actually a workaround for that. Just buy the N4 on-contract at T-Mobile (it's free atm), select the cheapest plan, wait 2 weeks, and cancel your contract. So it'll be N4 ($0) + ETF ($200) + 1 month service ($40) = $240. A little more expensive than the other phones but worth it.

Last edited:

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
If by mentioning you aren't in Europe, you're referring to my mention of the $30 plan, that isn't Europe-only. It's T-Mobile prepaid plan with 100 mins, unlimited texts, and unlimited data with 5 GB 4G. You can use a VoIP app for more minutes. But I don't want to push it too much. Out of the options you listed, I would recommend waiting for the Galaxy S4.

Edit: I also see you mean the N4 is more expensive because its unlocked price is higher that the other phones' on-contract price, and it isn't available on-contract on AT&T. Well, there's actually a workaround for that. Just buy the N4 on-contract at T-Mobile (it's free atm), select the cheapest plan, wait 2 weeks, and cancel your contract. So it'll be N4 ($0) + ETF ($200) + 1 month service ($40) = $240. A little more expensive than the other phones but worth it.

It actually requires the $90 unlimited plan. You also have to wait for the rebate (which usually takes longer than a month). So it's gonna be more than $240.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

johnbowick

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
This is the single most common question readers like you ask us phone reviewers every day. With the launch of a new BlackBerry Z10 smartphone and upcoming BlackBerry Q10 joining the Apple iPhone 5, a legion of excellent Android handsets, and the rise of Microsoft's Windows phones, the choices are more numerous than ever before.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
It actually requires the $90 unlimited plan. You also have to wait for the rebate (which usually takes longer than a month). So it's gonna be more than $240.

Um? you can only cancel a contract if you have the $90 plan? I don't think that's true. And the rebate, while not immediately appearing, would come eventually.

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Um? you can only cancel a contract if you have the $90 plan? I don't think that's true. And the rebate, while not immediately appearing, would come eventually.

Huh??
That doesn't even make sense.

The price point of the phone requires the $90 plan to work. Simple.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Huh??
That doesn't even make sense.

The price point of the phone requires the $90 plan to work. Simple.

No, I'm pretty sure you can use the Nexus 4 with any plan. At least that's what multiple people at various T-Mobile stores told me. Unless they're all wrong (which is more likely than one might think).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87