Android ads in notification bar?

kazza295

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Recently I've been getting notification ads and new home screen shortcuts. I've tried all those ad detector and ad blocker apps but they never detect these ads. Does anyone have any suggestions or know what they could be from?? I haven't installed any suspect apps recently only ones from well known developers.

Please don't move this thread somewhere else, I've put it here to get the largest audience. Thanks

I've uploaded a screenshot of the ads

Also interesting the ads both came through at 4:31 am and pm

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-05-17-17-58-31.png
    Screenshot_2013-05-17-17-58-31.png
    85.9 KB · Views: 20

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like it is coming from one of your apps. Remove each of the latest apps one by one and see if it stops. You can always reinstall.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
You have a crap spam app. My 11 and 5 year olds doing all the time. Some can be persistent little things. Have fun.

Posted via Android Central App

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
From what I learned here. You can long press those notifications and get the app info from where they are coming from.

Nexus 7 * Tmo Galaxy s3

kazza295

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
From what I learned here. You can long press those notifications and get the app info from where they are coming from.

Nexus 7 * Tmo Galaxy s3

Wow thanks I never knew that. I think I've deleted the app that caused this now but I've tried this on some notifications and it works!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Wow thanks I never knew that. I think I've deleted the app that caused this now but I've tried this on some notifications and it works!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

You're welcome. Forgot who suggested but the credit goes to him/her