"SD Cards are useless with cloud storage" NO THEY ARE NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
"it just works " lmao 9 out of 10 of my customers with a tech problem are iphone users. It really isn't simpler than say an Android.

Apple has celebrities using iphones and just like any product (Jordans for example) people will buy it if celebrities have it, plus they marketed it as a high end premium product. This allows them to sell yesterday's technology at today's prices.

Ask someone why they pick or are interested in Iphone you get the following " it's an iphone " "everybody got one" "I have a mac" "i got used to it when it came out so I'm comfortable and don't want to change " Every now and then someone says" it does more than any other phone " and when you prove them wrong 35% will get something else, some stick with it, some go home to research it.

Look at Jordans. They don't do ANYTHING that a regular pair of Nike's don't do, yet cost much more. Why? Marketing. They become status symbols, to the point that people have then and can't even pay their child support or rent

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

1. Unless you work in an Apple store, that is not the common experience. Through several cities, stores, and since the launch of the first iPhone, I've never seen/heard of that volume of complaints in comparison to other OSs.

2. You can't say only apple has celebs witht their stuff. So do Android, Blackberry and Windows. Besides that fact that Celebs are actually normal people, so if we see more iPhones in their hands it would be a pretty unsurprising fact, especially considering that one of the biggest barriers to entry into the Apple world is cost, and they don't have that problem.

3. We'll just have to agree to disagree. From my experience that just isn't true.

4. Jordans are a fashion shoe, not a function one, and you're right about them being status symbols. Who really buys them to play ball? Nobody, and everyone knows that. (Even in the NBA, where money isn't an issue, not many people wear them) The two don't compare. The iPhone isn't marketed as a status symbol, it's marketed as a simple, functional device. Every commercial they have ever had is in that vein. The commercials that make iPhone look like you describe it come from Samsung.

I would personally never carry a iPhone. I do, however, realize that it is an excellent option for many people. I am also able to see what they did right. As pertains to the actual thread topic, the lack of removeable storage has not hurt the iPhone, and remains an excellent model of how little importance it has to the average user.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
2. You can't say only apple has celebs witht their stuff. So do Android, Blackberry and Windows. Besides that fact that Celebs are actually normal people, so if we see more iPhones in their hands it would be a pretty unsurprising fact, especially considering that one of the biggest barriers to entry into the Apple world is cost, and they don't have that problem.

Can you honestly say you see celebrities on every single android commercial endorsing android phones because I sure don't. That is purely an apple/microsofr marketing gimmick. Google doesn't need celebrities to sell their os because they are number 1 at the moment.

Celebrity endorsement are purely psychological, the majority of the time that celebrity knows little or nothing about the product they are endorsing. All they care about is whether or not they are getting paid to do so.

Personally I don't see why people all get all hyped up over seeing someone famous use something cool. It doesn't make any sense, they are normal people just like you and I. They've just had the good fortune of having lady luck in their lives.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Can you honestly say you see celebrities on every single android commercial endorsing android phones because I sure don't. That is purely an apple/microsofr marketing gimmick. Google doesn't need celebrities to sell their os because they are number 1 at the moment.

Celebrity endorsement are purely psychological, the majority of the time that celebrity knows little or nothing about the product they are endorsing. All they care about is whether or not they are getting paid to do so.

Personally I don't see why people all get all hyped up over seeing someone famous use something cool. It doesn't make any sense, they are normal people just like you and I. They've just had the good fortune of having lady luck in their lives.

Samsung: Seth Rogen, Paul Rudd, LeBron James.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Can you honestly say you see celebrities on every single android commercial endorsing android phones because I sure don't. That is purely an apple/microsofr marketing gimmick.Google doesn't need celebrities to sell their os because they are number 1 at the moment.

Can you say that about Apple and MS commercials? Nope. I was trying to point out that Apple isn't the only company that had celeb. users.

I do agree witht he rest of your post though.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Can't figure out email
Phone stops letting them do call waiting
Trying to sync a calendar
Trying to turn on mobile hot spot (unnecessarily complicated on iOS)
Trying to erase all contacts

Is always an issue, and that's NOT including botched updates that render the phone unusable or stuck home and power buttons

I dont know about yo but ALL devices have this issue. the 4.2.1 update came for my phone and DESTROYED my battery life. does that mean I say it happens to all Nexus 4's and Google sucks? no.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
"it just works " lmao

9 out of 10 of my customers with a tech problem are iphone users.

It really isn't simpler than say an Android.

Apple has celebrities using iphones and just like any product (Jordans for example) people will buy it if celebrities have it, plus they marketed it as a high end premium product. This allows them to sell yesterday's technology at today's prices.

Ask someone why they pick or are interested in Iphone you get the following

" it's an iphone "

"everybody got one"

"I have a mac"

"i got used to it when it came out so I'm comfortable and don't want to change "

Every now and then someone says" it does more than any other phone " and when you prove them wrong 35% will get something else, some stick with it, some go home to research it.

Look at Jordans.

They don't do ANYTHING that a regular pair of Nike's don't do, yet cost much more.

Why?

Marketing.

They become status symbols, to the point that people have then and can't even pay their child support or rent

Sorry dude, this post is pure fantasy.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Can't figure out email
Phone stops letting them do call waiting
Trying to sync a calendar
Trying to turn on mobile hot spot (unnecessarily complicated on iOS)
Trying to erase all contacts

Is always an issue, and that's NOT including botched updates that render the phone unusable or stuck home and power buttons

Sounds like you have some stupid customers. All of those things are easier on iOS than android.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: "SD Cards are useless with cloud storage" NO THEY ARE NOT

One of these should be provable. What are the processes on each?

Things are easier on iOS(most things)

- - - Updated - - -

Um, no they aren't easier on iphone

They are. Hustleman please don't.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
One of these should be provable. What are the processes on each?

Turning on mobile hot spot is waaaaaaaaaaaay easier on Android.

Pull, tap, done

On iphone it's home, settings, general, cellular, mobile hot spot.

How is 2 steps NOT easier than 5?

I can prove this with video

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Turning on mobile hot spot is waaaaaaaaaaaay easier on Android.

Pull, tap, done

On iphone it's home, settings, general, cellular, mobile hot spot.

How is 2 steps NOT easier than 5?

I can prove this with video

Just did it on my HTC one and it was five steps, plus setting up security settings, etc. So not easier on android. Same goes for all of the other things you listed.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Just did it on my HTC one and it was five steps, plus setting up security settings, etc. So not easier on android. Same goes for all of the other things you listed.

Get a better phone and it will be easier.

Here's proof it only takes 2 steps to turn it on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyOChJEySoU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

PLEASE try arguing with a video that proves you wrong...

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Get a better phone and it will be easier.

Here's proof it only takes 2 steps to turn it on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyOChJEySoU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

PLEASE try arguing with a video that proves you wrong...

I'm sorry. I don't have time to waste making a video. You tried to argue it was easier on android. Might be true for one or two phones, but not for all of them. And definitely not for the majority of them.

Still, you must have some really stupid customers.

Also, your cheap shot did not go unnoticed. Someone sending something from a galaxy nexus, the worst nexus device ever, shouldn't be throwing around insults about getting a 'better' phone.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry. I don't have time to waste making a video. You tried to argue it was easier on android. Might be true for one or two phones, but not for all of them. And definitely not for the majority of them.

Still, you must have some really stupid customers.

Also, your cheap shot did not go unnoticed. Someone sending something from a galaxy nexus, the worst nexus device ever, shouldn't be throwing around insults about getting a 'better' phone.

I'm in a galaxy s 3, that was my phone in the video

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey now, I have two GNexes and they're still in the top 5 devices available from Verizon. No need to start flinging mud at my GNex... that's how wars get started :p

Ha. I had one. (Well, three actually) Worst device I've ever had the misfortune of owning.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Thread closed. Too much of the same nonsense from the same members over and over again. I suggest that you not take this bickering elsewhere in the forums.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer