46" print from the HTC One

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Super impressive! Anybody have recommendations for panoramic apps for other phones? Panoramic pictures doesn't seem to be built into the DNA.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Super impressive! Anybody have recommendations for panoramic apps for other phones? Panoramic pictures doesn't seem to be built into the DNA.

Looking through this list, I saw a couple recommendations for DMD Panorama. I haven't used any of them though, and to be honest many of them look like they're not the easiest to use. A couple had reviews saying the stitching was poor, the resolution was poor, or they were meant to be used exclusively in portrait mode.

Edit: Wondershare Panorama seems to have good reviews as well.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Just to I understand this correctly, is this a single 4 MP image or is the image a sequence of 4 MP images stitched together to form a much larger image. If it is the latter how many image were used in the source and was the phone orientation vertical or horizontal.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Just to I understand this correctly, is this a single 4 MP image or is the image a sequence of 4 MP images stitched together to form a much larger image. If it is the latter how many image were used in the source and was the phone orientation vertical or horizontal.

Judging by what k-fos has said, it's a sequence of 4MP images stitched together using the panoramic photo mode built into the camera. He answered your question about the number of images above:

It's hard to tell, if you watch the screen as you're panning the device, you see it adds pieces to the overall image. Depending on how far and fast you go I guess. It all happens automatically - it's built into the main camera settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownsjames