Do you use Power Saver all day?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Some of my family & friends have it running all day, I just find it strange. What's the point of buying a Super Phone if you're limiting it's capabilities, using Power Saver.

The only time I use is if I don't have a charger near by and the battery is down to 20% which is rare, I think I only used this feature 3-4.

gshim

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I always assumed the power saving option just limited things like screen timeout and brightness, I didn't think it would also limit CPU performance.
I'm going to test this out in both modes over the next few days and see if I can spot the difference in daily use.

Jarnld

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Battery savers such as Juice Defender really don't do anything for your battery...and in addition can cause problems with background data and wakelocks. It's basically just a placebo. Don't believe it? Try it sometime. I get over 36 hours on one charge because of the way my phone is set up, and that's WITHOUT juice defender or the like. Research wakelocks and other battery saving tips, and you'll be golden.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I never use power saver. When my phone hits 14% battery, power saver turns on automatically and I turn it off immediately.

Sent from my One using AC Forums mobile app

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I've never had any problems with battery life (touch wood) when not using the Power Saver mode, I don't use any apps like Juice Defender either as it sounds like it can mess up your phone's automatic functioning/connections. If I'm going to be out of WiFi range, I just make sure I turn the WiFi off as that seems to be the big battery drainer when out and about.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If I know the phone won't be charged for a while use will be limited. Worse case is that I'll switch on airplane mode to really conserve battery.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Never use it because with the right kernel and adjustments to all governors and stuff your phone can run faster and smoother than stock with better battery

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty