I found a Play Store/Download Manager Glitch!

outlooker

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm purchasing a large game from the Play Store called Gangstar Vegas. And it's a huge game, the file size is about 2.5 GB. After leaving my phone downloading it for about an hour. I noticed something interesting, a glitch. From the notifications drawer, it was showing that the game was downloaded 83%, but in the my apps section in the play store, it was showing the game as only 55% downloaded. This is a contradiction! So basically, the the notifications drawer thinks the app has been downloaded 23% more than the what the play store says. And when we're talking about 2.5 GB app, 23% is a lot. Take a look at the screen shots, these two screenshots were taken about ten seconds apart. This is on my Nexus 4 running Android 4.2.
Screenshot_2013-07-14-16-48-28.png
Screenshot_2013-07-14-16-48-37.png

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmm it happens on my phone when I update. I think the notification drawer only shows update/download progress for the applications data, not the base application+the data combined. Although I could be wrong on this. That would account for the two varying percentages in the play store and your notification drawer.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Hmm it happens on my phone when I update. I think the notification drawer only shows update/download progress for the applications data, not the base application+the data combined. Although I could be wrong on this. That would account for the two varying percentages in the play store and your notification drawer.

That's always been my guess, seeing as the additional two data files for resource-intensive apps are separate packages than the app itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runblue