LURKER needs help!!

NattyDaddy

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys!

First of all this is an amazing community/forum. I have been "lurking" here since I got my first EVO years ago.

Anyways I shattered my s2 screen last night :(

I am able to use my mother in laws upgrade however whatever phone I choose will have to last me at LEAST a year. Also, I am tight on money so my options are limited to the free upgrades on Sprint.

I have been considering the EVO LTE or the Optimus G (I think thats what its called?)

Which of these phones would you guys suggest? Will both have ample support (updates etc) for the next year?

I know I am a newbie but any advice is very much appreciated!!!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys!

First of all this is an amazing community/forum. I have been "lurking" here since I got my first EVO years ago.

Anyways I shattered my s2 screen last night :(

I am able to use my mother in laws upgrade however whatever phone I choose will have to last me at LEAST a year. Also, I am tight on money so my options are limited to the free upgrades on Sprint.

I have been considering the EVO LTE or the Optimus G (I think thats what its called?)

Which of these phones would you guys suggest? Will both have ample support (updates etc) for the next year?

I know I am a newbie but any advice is very much appreciated!!!

Welcome to the forums!
As for both devices and support, I am not sure. The Optimus is a nice device, but I am honestly not sure of how much it's going to get supported. Same goes for the HTC. If you only need it for a year, and they are dirt cheap, then I say, who cares?

NattyDaddy

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
As for both devices and support, I am not sure. The Optimus is a nice device, but I am honestly not sure of how much it's going to get supported. Same goes for the HTC. If you only need it for a year, and they are dirt cheap, then I say, who cares?

Thanks for the response. I guess my question was will these (you think) be supported for at least another year...software updates etc.

So you would suggest the Optimus?

In the back of my mind im thinkin iphone 4s bc it seems they are still supporting it but I dread going back to apple and the little screen

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I guess my question was will these (you think) be supported for at least another year...software updates etc.

So you would suggest the Optimus?

In the back of my mind im thinkin iphone 4s bc it seems they are still supporting it but I dread going back to apple and the little screen

Honestly, I am not sure. HTC doesn't have the greatest track record of updates, nor does LG. But, if you don't care about being completely up to date, I think both phones are on 4.1, then it doesn't really matter.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch