Two phones, which one?

TeknoBug

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm deciding whether to get the Moto X or wait for the Nexus 5, I can get the Moto X outright $450 right now down the street. Or I can wait at leeast another month, and a chance for it to be completely sold out the day it comes out and then more waiting... if they actually put it on the Canadian Play store. But the pure Android experience is what makes the Nexus worth having. I had a Nexus One for a while, I wish they still made them like that.

I heard the Moto X should be a candidate for 4.4 down the road, I hope that's true.

Euan Tan

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I think the Moto X falls into the "pure Android experience" category. Plus one. Well plus many. The overall feel is basically stock android. However, they really added great functionality to the phone such as touchless control, Active display, moto assist, quick capture and more. It really snappy and smooth, I would say it beats the nexus 4. Even if its "last years" chipsets, Motorola's 8x chip is especially optimized for the phone to carry out these functions and saves battery. Also, the battery life is amazing. Most say it can last a day and maybe more but ofcourse your mileage will vary.
Now for some "downsides" or i would say Tradeoffs.
In order for that amazing battery life and active display to work it, it has a 720P Amoled display. As it looks great, if it is compared to today's 1080P's screens (which the nexus 5 is "confirmed?" to have) then you'll see the difference. Also it has a S4 pro processor compared to Nexus 5's Snapdragon 800's with Adreno 330. And 4.7 inch vs 5 inch (4.97 something something). The moto x has such a comfortable design that makes it easy to hold.
(btw I don't own a moto x, my close friend does)

Now as which phone to have? Well, if you can wait a couple weeks, then Nexussss 555555555 alllll thheeeee wayyyyyyy, not sure about all those sold outs because we dont even know when the announce date is! but the nexus 7 2013 shipping went pretty smooth. People received it within 2-3 business days. hopefully the same results for the Nexus BUT again We dont even know when it is release. So you MAY wait a week, a month or maybe just a DAY, we dont know. So if your current phone can hold out for ATLEAST 2 more months (hopefully not that long of a wait) then I say wait for Nexus 5
but if youre itching for a new phone and tired of Google's teasing. then the Moto X it is plus you get to customizing but i don't think you are going to do so in this situation. you would not go wrong with it. Unless you're one of those "top of line Specs is everything and I must have the latest and greatest" people. Also If you can, check the moto x out first, see if you can bare the "tradeoffs" and love the functionality.

I would buy the moto x IF Tmobile had moto maker and was on a EIP plan... (high school student, sadly)

Also the Nexus 5 is cheaper. forgot to mention lol. For 16gb its 349 and HOPEFULLY 399 for the 32g ..

TeknoBug

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the Nexus 5 is tempting but I'm not even sure if it'll even hit the Canadian Play store at the date and I sure as hell wouldn't get it through a carrier since they charge more than you could get it through the Play store, they did that with the Nexus 4. Size is also a factor however, the Moto X has the same screen size as my One X however the overall body size is slightly smaller and would be a great fit in my pant pocket, the Nexus 5 is ever so slightly larger.

Motomaker is a neat thing, too bad it's carrier specific from what I've seen, I'd love a navy blue or black with metallic blue accent phone.

TeknoBug

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Well I just got the Moto X, HUGE step up from the One X, it's crazy fast and very straight forward to use, I like the active notifications.

Euan Tan

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Great choice! Considering your region, I believe that was the right move! Hope you enjoy the Moto X and all of its goodness :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo