I'm finding it odd how to Google silently releasing the Nexus 5.

purplehaze50o

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Nothing odd about it. It was not a coincidence that this phone was the most leaked phone in possible android history....the press release was the only thing missing but trust me 90% of the android news outlets knew the phone was being released on Oct. 31st

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Yea it was copy and paste lol sorry but it will get peoples attention so its staying!!
So shush or im calling the raith hive ship to hover over your office building looking for fast food

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

I have gathered so much Asgard and Ancient tech that you can send anything you like, I'm ready to battle! :cool::D

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Nothing odd about it. It was not a coincidence that this phone was the most leaked phone in possible android history....the press release was the only thing missing but trust me 90% of the android news outlets knew the phone was being released on Oct. 31st

I concur! :thumbup::cool:

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Of course, this place included, it was no coincidence that at 2pm EST that not only the Google play store updated, but so did this place with a full story on the new N5 being official, a spec write up and some Kitkat write up, or someone can read super fast, then type at about 1200 words per minute, place pictures and upload to the host in less than 2 mins lol, it was a joint effort, and they did have a conference i think, it was just a press only affair

purplehaze50o

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. What I found most amusing was the fact that there was a few android news outlets that were not sure on when it would be released exactly but those same news outlets just so happened to be doing an unboxing of the nexus 5 twenty minutes after it was released on Google Play...All the major android news outlets recieved there review units a few days before launch but most likely signed a NDA with google or LG to not release the official date to build of a media hype. Android Central posted about 3 what seemed to be absolutely confirmed dates on when it would be released starting with the Oct 14th one all the way to the supposed 11/1 release date..

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Anybody else find it odd how to Google silently releasing the Nexus 5.

There was no major press event, no product launch, no introduction to what's new just simply release the product.

Posted via Android Central App

Is there anything wrong with doing it this way?

purplehaze50o

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

No nothing wrong...To be honest it is almost more exciting this way. I don't know about anybody else but I must of refreshed all my android and google play websites at least 1,000 times on Oct 31st....

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
No nothing wrong...To be honest it is almost more exciting this way. I don't know about anybody else but I must of refreshed all my android and google play websites at least 1,000 times on Oct 31st....

Lol! I didn't do that, but agree that it's more exciting this way.
:thumbup::cool:

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Lol! I didn't do that, but agree that it's more exciting this way.
:thumbup::cool:

I wish I could afford it I want the 32 gig any word of at&t I want it to come badly!!!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

Cr1ms0nGh0st

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Why is it odd? it was quite obvious a Halloween release was going to happen with the KitKat tie in.They are Google They don't really need a big press release. The hurricane situation last year proved that.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Why is it odd? it was quite obvious a Halloween release was going to happen with the KitKat tie in.They are Google They don't really need a big press release. The hurricane situation last year proved that.

This ^^^

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

Not really bad. But I will admit I do prefer the press release, it's a more streamlined way for me to get the information. I found I had to do a lot more leg to find out the changes in Kit Kat and the Nexus 5.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Not really bad. But I will admit I do prefer the press release, it's a more streamlined way for me to get the information. I found I had to do a lot more leg to find out the changes in Kit Kat and the Nexus 5.

Lol!
:thumbup::D