Music quality?

moorejrjr

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I posted a similar post to this a few days ago, but got no reply. I currently have a N4, and I was just wondering what the highest bitrate (for music) my N4 could play?

I know it is possible to play FLAC and stuff, but unless the N4 can take advantage of that, I'd rather not. Is there a set music quality my N4 (and android phones in general) can take advantage of, and anything beyond that is purely a waste of space?

Also, what are the best apps to make your music sound the best?

Thanks!
James

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I posted a similar post to this a few days ago, but got no reply. I currently have a N4, and I was just wondering what the highest bitrate (for music) my N4 could play?

I know it is possible to play FLAC and stuff, but unless the N4 can take advantage of that, I'd rather not. Is there a set music quality my N4 (and android phones in general) can take advantage of, and anything beyond that is purely a waste of space?

Also, what are the best apps to make your music sound the best?

Thanks!
James

Before you decide what your phone can and cannot do in regards to reproducing audio I would place both a high bitrate and low bitrate sample on your N4 and have someone play both for you and see if you can discern the difference. Unless you're using a separate headphone amp and a great set of cans I'd think an mp3 ripped at 320kbps should give you pretty decent quality. I think high bitrate FLAC files may be overkill for mainstream headphones pushed by most phones audio subsystems but you gotta let YOUR ears guide you.

...from a wannabe audio snob.

G2