Factory Reset

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Do you ever, after downloading and deleting many apps, launchers, themes, etc, feel the need to do a factory reset and start all over with a clean copy of the OS?

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely.

I will do a factory reset before an OS upgrade, and sometimes even immediately after the OS upgrade process completes and the phone has rebooted back to the desktop. That was particularly the case with the Android 4.4 update, which behaved a little funky immediately after installing. A factory reset cured it of all issues, save one: massive power draw.

Generally you need to do factory resets and specialized wipes in between different ROMs, if you're into rooting and re-ROMing your phone. I used to do that when I had an EVO 4G, but haven't done it at all on my N4 yet.

Sometimes, the thing's been in service for a while and has lots of crud accumulated, so I'm just like "screw it" and I'll be sure my non-cloud-based stuff is backed up, and then I wipe and set up the whole thing from scratch.

Posted via Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Factory reset can help in many situations as stated by previous posts. As long as your okay with starting with a clean slate then I would go for it if your having common upgrade lag or related issues.

Sent from my HTC ONE using AC Forums mobile app

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Factory reset can help in many situations as stated by previous posts. As long as your okay with starting with a clean slate then I would go for it if your having common upgrade lag or related issues.

Sent from my HTC ONE using AC Forums mobile app

I'm perfectly OK with a clean slate. I reset my Nexus 7 and my G2 this weekend.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app