Cover (Beta)

SalixIncendium

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Cover, a smart lockscreen app that was in invite only test, is now released in the Play store in beta. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.coverscreen.cover&hl=en&token=tq0VpLwz

It has 4 different lock screens: Home, Work, Car, and Out. It places your most used app icons for each place on each respective lock screen, and has the ability to scroll down on the lock screen for more frequently used apps for that respective place. You simply place your finger on the icon and slide the cover over to either open the app or peek at it. Work and home are identified either by address or by wireless network. I particularly like the latter because in my job, work can be as many as 60 different places, each with its own wireless network. Car, as I understand it, is identified by algorithms associated with movement in a vehicle. Out is everywhere else. It also has an app switching tray on your home screen that is accessed by a pull-down on the top right hand side of the page (which can be relocated).

I've been using the app for a couple of days and am impressed with its performance. It has learned my most used apps for each location to the point where I was able to delete my home screen that listed my most frequently used apps. I haven't experienced any instability as of this post and the app works with my Note 3 seamlessly with either the TouchWiz or Nova Prime launcher.

I'm interested in hearing others' experience with this app and/or whether or not they like it and why (not). If there are any S4 or Note 3 users using the app in conjunction with S-View, I'd be interested to hear about compatibility.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana