Asus Memo Pad HD 7 Vs Google Nexus 7 2103

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Icemobile Apollo Touch - Full phone specifications

i know the nexus 7 might be better in some ways but that's my current phone i use it to read manga and pdf books and watch anime its fine but the screen is to small so im getting a tablet im good reading on that im good on this phone with the pixel and the screen so do i really need to pay 100 extra dollars just to get more im getting the 8gb and a 32gb micro sd card what do you think ill be playing game not hard core just ds gba and other android store games am no tech who has to have the best pixel quality just want something good better than the phone i have

thanks in advance

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

i know the nexus 7 might be better in some ways but that's my current phone i use it to read manga and pdf books and watch anime its fine but the screen is to small so im getting a tablet im good reading on that phone with the pixel and the screen so do i really need to pay 100 extra dollars just to get more im getting the 8gb and a 32gb micro sd card what do you think ill be playing game not hard core just ds gba and other android store games

thanks in advance

Once you see the HD screen on the Nexus 7, you'll never want to go back.

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
please check my current phone specs your not even talking about the memo pad all im asking if if it good for my need compared to my current phone or go for a nexus 7 dont care about updates for a year ive been using the phone of android version 2.3.6 so i dont care about updates

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
please check my current phone specs your not even talking about the memo pad all im asking if if it good for my need compared to my current phone or go for a nexus 7 dont care about updates for a year ive been using the phone of android version 2.3.6 so i dont care about updates

Like we said, Nexus 7 is more favorable over the Memopad. The Nexus 7 is the better and will fit all of your needs.

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
please understand the question all im asking is if compared to my current phone how im ok with everything except the e screen size is the asus good based on my needs not spec to spec analysis im good reading manga im good watching anime im good reading pdf files your doing a spec by spec analysis is it worth for me to put the extra hundred

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
please understand the question all im asking is if compared to my current phone how im ok with everything except the e screen size is the asus good based on my needs not spec to spec analysis im good reading manga im good watching anime im good reading pdf files your doing a spec by spec analysis is it worth for me to put the extra hundred

We never mentioned any specs at all. Let me answer your question then. Compared to your current device, the nexus 7 is a big jump and for your needs of watching content, it is worth it (the extra). I watch anime on my nexus 7. Yes, it is very good.

Geodude074

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Go with the Asus Memo Pad HD 7.

If all you're looking for is a larger screen and more storage, the Asus Memo Pad can't be beat. It's $100 cheaper than the 2013 Nexus 7.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I had the Asus Memo Pad HD7, it's okay, the screen is nicer than the Nexus 7 2012 despite same resolution, but the Nexus 7 2013 is going to look much nicer with 1080p screen. In term of speed, the Nexus 7 will blow the Memo Pad away (even the 2012 version is slightly faster). But for casual games and not heavy tasks, it should suffice. If you are short on cash and can't spend more than $150, the Memopad is a good choice. One benefit of the Memo Pad HD7 is that it have microSD slot, so you can store more data than the Nexus 7.

I personally would go with the Nexus 7 (if you could afford it). It is a better investment in the long run, it come with latest version of Android and you get updates in the future. It will be relevant longer than the Memo Pad.

Both of these are Asus device built for affordable prices, I would suggest getting a case for them.

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
There's some amazing deals on the 16GB Nexus 7. We love the nexus here, so that's why we recommend it. Ha

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
thanks for all the help gonna go with the memo pad extra storage and i dont need the extra features of the nexus and im used to being stuck on the same firmware so thanks again for all the help

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site

i know the nexus 7 might be better in some ways but that's my current phone i use it to read manga and pdf books and watch anime its fine but the screen is to small so im getting a tablet im good reading on that im good on this phone with the pixel and the screen so do i really need to pay 100 extra dollars just to get more im getting the 8gb and a 32gb micro sd card what do you think ill be playing game not hard core just ds gba and other android store games am no tech who has to have the best pixel quality just want something good better than the phone i have

thanks in advance

Nexus 7. Seriously.

No one has complained more about SD on this forum than me when it comes to Nexus products. It is annoying as hell and I hate it. But Nexus is just that good. You will get updates forever and before anyone else. Asus products are also frequently polluted with their awful skin...I have owned two transformers (and still own one), but I would not buy another unless I planned on rooting and ROMing it.

Nexus is as Vanilla as Vanilla gets, and Google has been real good keeping top notch specs on their devices.

Also - I believe the Nexus 7s both support USB OTG. I have used this on my Nexus 5 and it works great. Not SD, but the next best thing.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site

If you are asking if the Asus one is "good enough" then I would say, yeah, probably. If you are that pressed for cash and only need it for what you just described, I'd say go for it. It's not an awful product at all.

But the Nexus 7 2013 is a significantly better tablet overall IMO.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 7. Seriously.

No one has complained more about SD on this forum than me when it comes to Nexus products. It is annoying as hell and I hate it. But Nexus is just that good. You will get updates forever and before anyone else. Asus products are also frequently polluted with their awful skin...I have owned two transformers (and still own one), but I would not buy another unless I planned on rooting and ROMing it.

Nexus is as Vanilla as Vanilla gets, and Google has been real good keeping top notch specs on their devices.

Also - I believe the Nexus 7s both support USB OTG. I have used this on my Nexus 5 and it works great. Not SD, but the next best thing.

I tried pointing this out to him, but he isn't interested in specs or features, more or less if it is worth upgrading from his current device to watch his content. The simplest answer for him would just be "yes."

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Geodude074

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
To be fair, for $130 the Asus MeMo Pad HD 7 is a great deal. It's like the 2012 Nexus 7 but with expandable storage and a rear camera.

If the OP was only interested in a premium tablet, I would only recommend the 2013 Nexus 7 if he was looking for a 7 inch tablet.

Edit: I take that back. If OP was interested in a premium 7 inch tablet, I'd recommend the EVGA Note 7.

Last edited:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
To be fair, for $130 the Asus MeMo Pad HD 7 is a great deal. It's like the 2012 Nexus 7 but with expandable storage and a rear camera.

If the OP was only interested in a premium tablet, I would only recommend the 2013 Nexus 7 if he was looking for a 7 inch tablet.

Edit: I take that back. If OP was interested in a premium 7 inch tablet, I'd recommend the EVGA Note 7.

Either tablet is good enough for the most common tasks.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I had both and I can assure the MemoPad have nicer screen, but the Nexus 7 is slightly faster. Also the Memopad speaker is better, I had 2 Nexus 7 and returned another one (2012 version), all have below average speaker for a tablet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez