Help choosing a Phone.

HapyyGoku

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys. So i am finally upgrading phone, currently using some old Blackberry that i have been using for a couple of years now. I'm looking for a smartphone with a 5+ inch screen, great camera, good for music and great specs to run games ect. You guys got any suggestions?

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys. So i am finally upgrading phone, currently using some old Blackberry that i have been using for a couple of years now. I'm looking for a smartphone with a 5+ inch screen, great camera, good for music and great specs to run games ect. You guys got any suggestions?

Seriously, every 'flagship' Android phone of the major brands you can get these days – SGS5, SGN3, LGG2, MotoX, M8, etc. – will be a HUGE improvement over your BB in all of the aspects you mention. So much so, imo, that for you, coming from that BB, the differences between them will even be hard to notice in the first couple months you use it/them. So in your shoes I'd look at which of those current 'flagship' Android phones of the major brands gets you the best deal where you live and work.

HapyyGoku

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Seriously, every 'flagship' Android phone of the major brands you can get these days – SGS5, SGN3, LGG2, MotoX, M8, etc. – will be a HUGE improvement over your BB in all of the aspects you mention. So much so, imo, that for you, coming from that BB, the differences between them will even be hard to notice in the first couple months you use it/them. So in your shoes I'd look at which of those current 'flagship' Android phones of the major brands gets you the best deal where you live and work.
I know anything will be better than what i have. I did go into EE the other day to try out some phones but sadly they only had a couple of phones on the shop floor to play about with. The HTC One M8, Samsung galaxy S5 and LG G2 where behind glass. So i thought i would come here and ask.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to the forums.
I would honestly suggest the M8 over all those you asked about. the G2 would be next.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I personally like the Nexus 5, plus it's cheap. If you really care a lot about the camera, Nokias are best, but most Nokias these days are Windows Phone, which is going to mean less game selection. If you don't mind the cloud, I also think Android has the better music options. If you can, see if you can live with a N5 camera. If not, try an S5, M8, or G2.

HapyyGoku

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
I would honestly suggest the M8 over all those you asked about. the G2 would be next.
The M8 seems good but the camera seems to not be impressive. The G2 looks good too but i have been reading reviews for it and people seems to hate the UI.

I personally like the Nexus 5, plus it's cheap. If you really care a lot about the camera, Nokias are best, but most Nokias these days are Windows Phone, which is going to mean less game selection. If you don't mind the cloud, I also think Android has the better music options. If you can, see if you can live with a N5 camera. If not, try an S5, M8, or G2.
I have been looking at the Nexus 5, looks like a good phone but i can get the LG G2 at the same price "?340" what one would be the better pick?

OK, but first you got to tell: what would you want to use this new phone of yours for every day?
I would be using it for browsing, games and music allot and taking some pics too. Takes me about 1hr 15mins to get to my collage by train so i would have allot of time for browsing ect.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have been looking at the Nexus 5, looks like a good phone but i can get the LG G2 at the same price "?340" what one would be the better pick?
They have extremely similar hardware, so it's going to come down to software. The N5 is the cleaner, "vanilla" Android experience and is going to get the faster updates direct from Google, while the G2 is going to have LG's proprietary enhancements, which include better battery life and camera pictures. Personally, I prefer the Nexus, but ideally you should try both and decide for yourself.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have three recomendations based on different scenarios:
Price is an issue: Nexus 5 (if camera is important) or Moto X (if features are important)
Money is no object: Galaxy Note 3
Good balance of price and features: LG G2

The Xperia Z2 also looks fantastic, but I hesitate to recommend a phone I have neither seen nor touched.

HapyyGoku

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
They have extremely similar hardware, so it's going to come down to software. The N5 is the cleaner, "vanilla" Android experience and is going to get the faster updates direct from Google, while the G2 is going to have LG's proprietary enhancements, which include better battery life and camera pictures. Personally, I prefer the Nexus, but ideally you should try both and decide for yourself.
Yeah i think i will just get the Nexus 5. Thanks for the help.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Sony xperia z2. Lovely phone and Android is pretty clean in it. Not so much rubbish like on Samsung phones.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty