Splashtop for gaming on phone through PC

Geodude074

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello all. I used to be an avid mobile gamer, but now my gaming tastes have changed and I'm getting more into PC gaming again.

I'm thinking of purchasing Splashtop so I can RDC into my PC from my phone and play my PC games on there.

Anybody have experience with this setup?

I'm not quite sure what the experience will be like. Are there any good touch-interface controls for Windows 8.1 that work with Android? And what's the framerate like? Is it playable on a 3G connection?

Any veteran gamers, please feel free to comment. :)

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm not quite sure what the experience will be like.

I'm guessing the experience will be like veeery laggy, considering that your commands and clicks will be going halfway around the planet and back, through scores of servers and nodes en-route, before you'll see their effect...

RDC like with Splashtop or Teamviewer is a supertool for instantly (saves you going there) helping out colleagues, mates, friends and family remotely, any time of day, if they have a problem with their device, either mobile (phones, tablets, laptops) or stationary (like PCs and Macs). You can show them how it's done.
Or it's ideal for getting help with yours, of course.
Or even for accessing your own PC or Mac for 'household chores' like moving around, sending, or downloading files, sending the occassional email. The largest part of your data is stored overthere, right? On your harddisk(s). It's nice to have all of that available to you wherever you are. But for doing say serious photo or video editing work remotely on the PC or Mac that's not so hot.

And for gaming it simply stinks. Sorry.

Last edited:

Geodude074

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing the experience will be like veeery laggy, considering that your commands and clicks will be going halfway around the planet and back, through scores of servers and nodes en-route, before you'll see their effect...

RDC like with Splashtop or Teamviewer is a supertool for instantly (saves you going there) helping out colleagues, mates, friends and family remotely, any time of day, if they have a problem with their device, either mobile (phones, tablets, laptops) or stationary (like PCs and Macs). You can show them how it's done.
Or it's ideal for getting help with yours, of course.
Or even for accessing your own PC or Mac for 'household chores' like moving around, sending, or downloading files, sending the occassional email. The largest part of your data is stored overthere, right? On your harddisk(s). It's nice to have all of that available to you wherever you are. But for doing say serious photo or video editing work remotely on the PC or Mac that's not so hot.

And for gaming it simply stinks. Sorry.

Thanks for your input.

I have tried Splashtop on my LAN and it's not that laggy actually. The server is my PC, and the ping time is how long it takes to ping your own IP.

I've also used Teamviewer to RDC from work onto my PC and it is noticeably laggier, even though at work we have a 1 Gbps line. Sadly Teamviewer doesn't work with DirectX that well, otherwise I would just stick with that rather than using Splashtop.

Maybe I'm just thinking too far ahead. Give it another 10-15 years and hopefully our network speeds will be fast enough to allow me to game on my phone from my PC.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Are you looking at the ping time in-game? The in-game ping won't change as you're seeing the ping within your network still. The lag you need to worry about is between your device and your computer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress