To-Do List suggestions

Dman1965

May 19, 2014
Visit site
One problem with having so many apps in an app store is finding the right one amidst all of the noise.

I would like to find a To-Do list for recurring tasks that let's me set a minimum and a maximum number of days, weeks, months between the tasks.

For instance, I want to get my hair cut every four weeks. I don't want to go earlier than that and I don't want to wait more than five weeks. I would like the to-do list to start showing this as a pending item at four weeks and in some way increase its display urgency as the five week mark approaches.

Likewise, I want to get the oil changed in my car every three months, but I don't want it to happen earlier than three months and I don't want to go more than two weeks beyond the three month point.

Putting this type of thing on a calendar does not work for me because if I miss that calendar point for some reason and I forget to move the item forward it drops out of sight and out of mind and then I am left wondering when the last time I had my oil changed was and I am having to search through my calendar to see if I marked the actual date or through my bank statement to find the receipt.

Is anyone aware of an app that works like this without a lot of kludging around?

Thanks!

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
^ +1 for Keep. I like it, simple and clean.

"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras. " - MacKenzie (The Newsroom, HBO)

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone aware of an app that works like this without a lot of kludging around?

I use a one-two punch of both Cal and Any.do Cal is a Google Calender replacement (it syncs the same data) and it hooks into Any.do for events, reminders and To-Do lists. It has some good features... like the "Any.do Moment" which kicks off in the morning and gives you a run-down of the day's tasks.... it integrates into gmail to do things like forwarding emails to an email shortcut "do@any.do" to set up a task...there's a little plugin to the Chrome desktop browser to get to tasks, etc.... there's a lot there to customize to your needs.

Looks pretty spiffy too.

I'm a total scattershot.... so they do a great job helping me to keep organized.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Keep being a good, light to-do app. However, as zorak950 said, it's likely not what the OP is looking for.

I've take a look around and don't see anything that will allow that type of automation when it comes to setting events. If you are OK with a little work then Keep is good.

newtda513

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
What about reminders in Google now, I think you get the option to repeat.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

Dman1965

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I guess I am going to have to put something together myself. I had just hoped that someone had the same kind of needs as me and had already done it.