Any apps that allow Android device to act as a Wifi Card reader?

dannieboiz

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Instead of buying a Wifi Card reader, Is there anything app out there that allows us to share the contents to other devices over Wifi? I don't mean our home WiFi, want it to perform a WiFi tether to say my Ipad so can watch videos, play music that are stored on the android on the road.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Most new Android devices support WiFi Direct, which is basically what you're trying to accomplish (peer-to-peer WiFi local network). However, I'm not sure the iPad will play nice with it.

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Instead of buying a Wifi Card reader, Is there anything app out there that allows us to share the contents to other devices over Wifi?

I assume you don't mean 'share' but 'stream'.

I don't mean our home WiFi, want it to perform a WiFi tether to say my Ipad so can watch videos, play music that are stored on the android on the road.

Not 'on the road' you can't because WiFi has a range of 50 meters/150 feet max in the best of circumstances which hardly qualifies as 'on the road', does it?

What you can do, though, is run free Teamviewer on both devices and transfer whatever audio, video, and other files from the one device to the other, and then play it/them.
Or you can install a free personal cloud like MEGA (50 GB of end-to-end-encrypted storage space, outside US jurisdiction, accessible from any web browser on any device) and store your audio and video there for retrieval/download to your phone (or any other device) wherever you are.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I assume you don't mean 'share' but 'stream'.

Not 'on the road' you can't because WiFi has a range of 50 meters/150 feet max in the best of circumstances which hardly qualifies as 'on the road', does it?

What you can do, though, is run free Teamviewer on both devices and transfer whatever audio, video, and other files from the one device to the other, and then play it/them.
Or you can install a free personal cloud like MEGA (50 GB of end-to-end-encrypted storage space, outside US jurisdiction, accessible from any web browser on any device) and store your audio and video there for retrieval/download to your phone (or any other device) wherever you are.
I think what he meant by 'on the road' was that he could take both devices and share stuff between the two, well, while 'on the road'.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87