I'm struggling to get either mine or my girlfriend's Nexus 5's to tether to either of our Windows 7 laptops. They both connect, show internet access in the task tray, but no pages in the browser will load.

Here's where it gets strange however, both our phones tether and work fully on my girlfriend's HP Chromebook 14.

So it's something to do with Windows 7. We are on Three UK network with unlimited 4G.

Any clues?

Posted via Android Central App
    10-20-2014 02:28 PM
    I'm struggling to get either mine or my girlfriend's Nexus 5's to tether to either of our Windows 7 laptops. They both connect, show internet access in the task tray, but no pages in the browser will load.

Here's where it gets strange however, both our phones tether and work fully on my girlfriend's HP Chromebook 14.

So it's something to do with Windows 7. We are on Three UK network with unlimited 4G.

Any clues?

If everything works fine on other devices then it's likely Windows 7, or a setting with that particular device. Reboot both devices around try tethering. Let us know how it goes.
    10-20-2014 02:42 PM
    If everything works fine on other devices then it's likely Windows 7, or a setting with that particular device. Reboot both devices around try tethering. Let us know how it goes.
    I've been trying for months and have rebooted lots. It's two Nexus 5's not working on two Win 7 laptops. Must be something in Win 7 config? Those laptops work fine on normal WiFi routers and do show connection to my tether but pages just won't load as if I'm offline.

10-20-2014 02:50 PM
    I've been trying for months and have rebooted lots. It's two Nexus 5's not working on two Win 7 laptops. Must be something in Win 7 config? Those laptops work fine on normal WiFi routers and do show connection to my tether but pages just won't load as if I'm offline.

It definitely sounds like a configuration problem on Windows rather than both devices.
    10-20-2014 03:49 PM
    Any ideas what to try?

10-20-2014 03:59 PM