Thinking about switching to T-Mo from VZW - But hesitant

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I've had enough of T-Mobile. I've had three lines on a promo that they introduced a few years back called All In. This included at the time, Binge On with the ability to turn it off, tethering at 128Mbps which is slow, and one or two other things I can't remember. Over the past few months, they took away the ability to turn Binge On, off so unless I pay $15 more per month, YouTube and other videos sites stream at 480p.

Have you tried the T-Force/email to the CEO's office support options? It shouldn't take all that, but apparently it's a normalized part of "award winning customer service" these days.

If TMO coverage/speeds are good for you, check out MVNOs--especially if you don't need unlimited on all lines. Operating on the #3 network might mean attractive pricing.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried the T-Force/email to the CEO's office support options? It shouldn't take all that, but apparently it's a normalized part of "award winning customer service" these days.

If TMO coverage/speeds are good for you, check out MVNOs--especially if you don't need unlimited on all lines. Operating on the #3 network might mean attractive pricing.

I May try that and see what happens. I've already paid for this next month and I was going to cancel my plan when the month is over.

I found out what they did to my lines over the last month when I tried using YouTube and found I couldn't stream anything higher then 480P. I tried to change that to 720P and all it would do is buffer. I don't get that on my AT&T line. At least AT&T is not lying. If I want to get HD streaming, they have a plan that includes that PLUS 15GB of tethering at full speed.

I'm not paying T-Mobile an extra $15 per month to do that when my line used to include that.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
So since it's the weekend, I'm now dealing T-Mobile support over Twitter. I added the $15 T-Mobile One + that enables me to tether and stream in HD. Problem is, I'm still be throttled and can not stream in 720 without it buffering every minute or so. I do not have this problem using the YouTube app on my Note 9 on AT&T, just T-Mobile because they are throttling me.

She asked me if I had enabled HD streaming in my account settings and I told her they used to have a setting to enable that but it's no longer there. Now she's investigating on what to do now.

This is just nonsense.

I have two lines now on AT&T because I'm kind of getting ready to abandon T-Mobile due to all of this mess. If they can't fix it, I'm cancelling my account and using only AT&T where I can stream all night with no buffering. YouTube even defaults to 720p.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It appears they were able to enable HD streaming on my account. I got a text message stating it was now enabled. If anyone gets the one plus pass, you have to call to get HD streaming enabled. I can tell the difference already.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
It appears they were able to enable HD streaming on my account. I got a text message stating it was now enabled. If anyone gets the one plus pass, you have to call to get HD streaming enabled. I can tell the difference already.
Yeah I was having a similar issue but once I contacted them and they enabled HD streaming, world of difference. No buffering and great picture quality even with 4K content

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I left Verizon after 27 years and went to att for a few years just moved to T-Mobile last week and couldn't be happier with the service and the price. Building penetrating is not that good but I don't have a ,band 71 device but besides that their data speeds are much faster the the other two carriers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca