view and control device from PC?

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
looking for a tool that will allow me to do two things

1) display the screen of an android device on a PC
2) let me control the device from the PC (ie click on icons etc)

now, option 1 is easy as i've join many little java tools that will do the job
option 2 seems to be more tricky as i can't seem to find anything that will let me control the device from a PC.
i need to be able to see the screen of the device on the PC and then control it direct from the PC as if i had the device in my hand.

we need something like this for training - we have the PC connected to a projector and train users how to use an app that it on the device.

any suggestions?

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
are you sure teamviewer will do what i want?
it seems the teamviewer android app is only for remote accessing PCs, and not for allowing PCs to remote access an android device.

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
as i said... i have looked at the android app and it appears to let you control PCs - which is NOT what i want to do.
if i am missing something obvious in the app then i am happy to be enlightened.

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
are you purposely being obtuse?
i have installed the app that teamviewer link to on their own website, it's called "teamviewer for remote control", and it does NOT allow me to control an android device from my PC (which also has teamviewer installed).
if that is not the correct app then specifically name the app you are talking about.

at the moment you seem to be talking in riddles, whether you are doing that on purpose i don't know.

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
With Teamviewer I can remotely control my Android phones, other Macs, and Windows PCs from my Macs' screens and from my Androids' screens.
I haven't got a PC here so I cannot check whether I can remotely control Androids from its screen with Teamviewer.

specify exactly which app you have installed on the android device, as the one in the google store linked to on the teamviewer website only does remote control of a pc FROM the android device, not the other way round.

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Excuse me?
I don't like your tone and attitude to someone who is trying to help you, so go find someone else to give orders to.

i have asked you numerous times to specifically name the android app you are using, but you keep skirting around it, which makes me assume that either you don't know or don't fully understand what i am asking.

i can tell you that the teamviewer android app that teamviewer link to on their website does NOT appear to allow me to connect TO the android device FROM a pc.

so as i said, if you are saying it can then please name the app, as it appears the app your talking about is not the one that teamviewer provide.

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
mymobiler seems to be able to do it, but so far i've had problems getting it to work.
the developers email address no longer works it seems.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
mymobiler seems to be able to do it, but so far i've had problems getting it to work.
the developers email address no longer works it seems.
Well, if you get it to work, let us know about it.
We're getting a bit tired of your snide remarks.

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Well, if you get it to work, let us know about it.
We're getting a bit tired of your snide remarks.

are "we". this is your first post in this thread. are you a spokesperson for the whole community?

but if you think it's snide then maybe i'll keep it to myself?
for the record MH-1 was being deliberately obtuse with his/her replies, failing the name the specific app after numerous requests, then goes off in the huff.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
If you had bothered to peruse the Play store a bit, you would have found the add-ons for Teamviewer, and possibly control your phone from a PC.

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
If you had bothered to peruse the Play store a bit, you would have found the add-ons for Teamviewer, and possibly control your phone from a PC.

if the poster has specified that, but they preferred to be obtuse about it.
they got the response they deserved in my opinion, and their reaction says more about them than anything else.

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Yup. But he obviously couldn't be bothered to make an effort either way and really 'dive' into this problem of HIS and pay attention himself when there were others around who could do his homework for him. An attitude like that comes with consequences, of course. And trying to boss people around doesn't help either.

or you could have just answered the question when first asked, but no, you chose to be obtuse about it and got the response you deserved IMO. your feedback is no longer required, have a happy life.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
i have asked you numerous times to specifically name the android app you are using, but you keep skirting around it, which makes me assume that either you don't know or don't fully understand what i am asking.

i can tell you that the teamviewer android app that teamviewer link to on their website does NOT appear to allow me to connect TO the android device FROM a pc.

so as i said, if you are saying it can then please name the app, as it appears the app your talking about is not the one that teamviewer provide.

I have no history with Teamviewer but this thread has piqued my curiosity.

The issue here seems to be that Teamviewer's ability to remote control mobile devices is limited to a subset of all available devices. See How can I control my Android device with TeamViewer? for a list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress