Who has come over from iPhone here?

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Just curious...I have all Apple products (MacBook Pro, iMac, Apple TV, routers, iPad etc) with the exception of never owning an iPhone. I am all in with the Google ecosystem and that's the main reason I've always been Android along with its customization features not to mention Apple's exclusionary tendencies. But I hear so often that the apps work so smoothly and the whole system flows better along with the better visuals. Is this true? Have you had any regrets with Android since coming over? Not really looking at an iPhone because of the extent I utilize Google for my work but just curious since the propaganda is so strong.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
It is true. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar who has never used an iPhone. You can still have all your Google services on the iPhone.

I actually left iPhone, came to Android, then went running back to iPhone. I feel I gave Android a fair shake. All of my Android phones suffered the same fate, after several weeks all the small quirks and annoying Android bugs are glaring. Every single one of them; Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, and 2013 Moto X.

If you own other Apple gear you are missing out on Apple hardware features between your devices and you can still use your Google services.

valnation

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I think apple have better quality apps in their app store compared to the play store.
It only take a few hours for an app to be available on the play store after a developer has submitted it.
Compare this to the apple app store where it takes 2 weeks for apple to review and screen the app then if approved it will become available.

So any developer can pretty much submit a "rubbish" app to the playstore while for the apple store developers need to follow rules and guidelines.
So better quality apps are available in the app store compared to the play store. Last year the playstore overtook apple in the number of apps available in the playstore.
Last time i checked the playstore had 1.5 million apps compared to apples 1.3 million whilst apple had a few years head-start.

Another reason to why apple apps run more smoothly is because they run natively on the device.
While android apps are run on a java virtual machine which will slow things down.
Developers can choose to program apps natively on android but are advised against it as there is limited framework to support it.

CBreen28

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
For all of those who made the switch, I'd like to personally congratulate you on your decision. I know it's not easy leaving a brainwashing cult, but you'll be glad you made the leap back into normal society :p :p

Posted via the Android Central App

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I've been using iPhone for a while (4 years now). Mean time I had HTC with Android as well (iPhone for personal use, HTC for business). Both have some problem, iPhone has many limitation (you can't create a network to share your internet connection) and you can only install apps from the Apple App Store. Quality wise, iPhone is very solid. I drop my phones very often and HTC died cause of this. In terms of software, the iTunes application has many bugs, very often it doesn't work. The quality of the apps in App Store is similar to the stuff you can find on Google Play Store, but I think there are more Apps in the Apple store.

"But I hear so often that the apps work so smoothly and the whole system flows better along with the better visuals." <- depends on the App really, if the Android app is well developed there is no difference.

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I went to Android not long ago and glad i did. I can use it how i want to and i like that. I also have a Ipad and like it to because of Apple to Apple features. I really like both but no more Iphones for me.

frooglepoopillion

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I was a big Android supporter until recently going to iPhone. Almost all of my info is still synced to Google and I have not noticed any problems at all. So if that is your only reasoning for going Android you might want to reconsider. Also since you have other Apple products you will benefit. However, I know a lot of people who have Android phones and use iPads for their tablets or prefer MBPs for laptops. Any more they all pretty much do the same things so I'd say if you really want a Note 4 or one of the new Android phones coming out go for it.

ianhanson85

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
It is true. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar who has never used an iPhone. You can still have all your Google services on the iPhone.

I actually left iPhone, came to Android, then went running back to iPhone. I feel I gave Android a fair shake. All of my Android phones suffered the same fate, after several weeks all the small quirks and annoying Android bugs are glaring. Every single one of them; Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, and 2013 Moto X.

If you own other Apple gear you are missing out on Apple hardware features between your devices and you can still use your Google services.

I felt that same way about android.... A lot to weird bugs that caused issues. But I love the platform and its infinite possibilities so much. I would have a difficult time going back to an iPhone because of that. I love customizing and apple pretty much locks it down so a user can't change much. So for me it was worth figuring out the kinks and dealing with an issue here and there.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Me, thank god!

Went from a Nexus 5 to a 6 Plus and now back on a Note 3, all within the space of 2 months...

Costly error on my behalf!

sincere11105

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Im always switching from ios to android. A few times a year. I had the 6 plus but love the note 4. I don't think I will switch back to ios this time. Android has come a long way.

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I did and I am regretting ever getting an iPhone. I am stuck in imessage hell. I disliked apples control over the iPhone and sine researching the whole iPhone to noniphone issue, I will NEVER have another iPhone.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
What was it about the iPhone that you didn't like?

I just felt it was too locked down etc... I like to be able to change things with my phones (I'm not into rooting/changing ROM's etc) but still like the ability to use whatever SMS app I want or get rid of stuff I don't need etc...

But also the iOS 8 update was huge and took up too much of the memory leaving me with little left to add other apps or music for in-car Bluetooth playback etc...

However I loved the build of the 6 Plus, very classy/click indeed. Still, wasn't prepared to spend close to £700 to get a larger memory phone!

upmyway 2015

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Frankly speaking I have an Iphone and 3 Android devices (1 HTC One SV, Galaxy S4) and Galaxy tab 4 10" tablet and Android is really my favorite. With Iphone all is closed, only Apple products or tools can interact with, only Apple file formats, iTunes... I don't say I dislike Apple but I really prefer Android and numbers of my friends the same.

Develop Media

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I was all about the iPhone life before I got the Nexus 5. Now I have the nexus 6 and love it. I do LOVE my macbook though and can't think of any other laptop I'd rather use...

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have really grown to love the flexibility of Android and being able to set up your phone just the way I like. I'm also a fan of hardware and love all the choices we have. However, I also appreciate the smoothness and, sometimes, the relative simplicity of iOS. I'm glad to be able to use both but I've come to prefer my android devices to my iPhone.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I didn't come from iPhone but instead from Windows Phone 8 although i did use an iPhone 3GS for a month last year and absolutely didn't like all the restrictions.

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
My wife has had iPhones for the last 5 years and I would share use of it while I used a dumb phone. However, 6 months ago when I went for a Samsung Galaxy S5 for my first smartphone. The two main reasons are:
1. I don't like iTunes for managing my music and media files, I prefer plugging in an Android device and have easy windows explorer file mgmt access to my phone.
2. I needed a lot of storage and like the Samsung Galaxy micro SD card slot. I store a lot of media on my phone and need a LOT of storage. I am highly skilled in technology and like the media storage freedom.

I will continue to keep my wife on the iPhone and now my son has started with iphone too. I find the iphone ecosystem and devices are much easier for non-technical users. I don't need to manage the iphones much, unless they run out of storage, then I have to get the photos and videos offloaded.

kobe008

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I have an iphone for work and hate the thing. Any time I want to try and do something on it the answer is 'Nope iphone cant do that'. With my personal android phone the answer is always yes.

GSOgymrat

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I had Windows phones then had my first iPhone (the 6 Plus) for about six weeks. Coming from Windows Phone I was really disappointed with the iPhone, I think it is completely over-hyped, so I switched to the Galaxy Note Edge. I've had the Edge three months and generally like it but I do still miss things about Windows Phone, particularly Cortana.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38