So Frustrated with HTC One (M8) Right Now

Manchild Prodigy

Count of Monte Fisto
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Let me start by saying that I love Android. I had a GS4, now an HTC One M8 (and a Nexus 5, Nexus 7, OG Droid). But my HTC One is really annoying me right now. I don't know what it is, but this thing can never seem to hold onto a wifi signal. I can leave the phone sitting literally six feet away from my router, and the phone will somehow lose the connection. Sometimes all I need to do is toggle the wifi on and off and it will pick the network back up. But there have been quite a few times that I've had to completely restart the phone to get it to reconnect. That's ridiculous. I had the same problem with my GS4, though that phone always seemed to pick the signal back up within a few seconds of losing it. But still, why does this happen? I never had this issue with my Nexus devices, and I certainly don't have this issue with my iPhone 5S (work phone) or my iPad Air 2. Between that and the phantom battery drain issues, I'm to the point of just jumping to the iPhone 6S (when it comes out).

Am I the only one that has these issues with my phone? I could see it being just a bad phone when I had all the problems with GS4. But I have almost the exact same issues with the HTC One (worse, in the case of the wifi drops). I have a hard time believing that it's just coincidence.

swharshbar

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
How old is your router? I had similar issues with an older router I had in my home. I performed a firmware update on the router and it helped some but ultimately I ended up getting a new router and all my issues went away with connectivity at home. Just a thought.

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
If you'll ask me, the best phone that ever picked up a wifi signal was my htc m8 phone...

If your htc phone is still new i would recommend you to go and check out another m8 and see yourself if there is any difference..
for the iPhone i don't know if it does have a stronger signal but for the iPad 2 that i have i literally threw it away because i have to be next to my router to pick a signal which made me have the same idea as you to never buy an iPad again.

Also, maybe you should try to see if there is any update in your phone or try formatting it, it may work it out.
Best of luck :)

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
In my opinion it's your router not your phone.. Take it to the store, which ever carrier your on and see if it does it there. Chances are it won't be the same as at home.

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC M8

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Call your provider and ask for a replacement. get them to give you some extra data in case it uses it when it is supposed to be using your home internet.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DigitalPunk140