Full Otterbox case/screen, or seperate case+screen protector?

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
At some point I'm going to get a Note 4, but what I can't decide is would it be better to get a all in one case+screen protector like the Otterbox Defender, or get a seperate case+a screen protector for it? I mean, ignoring phone type, what do you guys tend to prefer? All in one's like Otterbox, or two seperate pieces?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
At some point I'm going to get a Note 4, but what I can't decide is would it be better to get a all in one case+screen protector like the Otterbox Defender, or get a seperate case+a screen protector for it? I mean, ignoring phone type, what do you guys tend to prefer? All in one's like Otterbox, or two seperate pieces?

all in one can be clunky, bulky and detract from the capacitive touchscreen. unless you are really hard on phones i would pass.

https://tpu-cases.com/

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've inadvertently played handball with my Note 3 (caught the charging cable with my elbow) and just about half an hour ago knocked it face down from the desk to a hard plastic chair shield. It's never going to be outside the Otterbox Defender again, unless I need to change the battery, SD card or something like that. That case saved me 2 phone replacements.

The screen? I can notice just a slight drag once in a while with the S-Pen (but I'm still using the original tip - 17 months old - maybe I should put a new one in?) but only once in a while, like once a week. Not enough to bother me. With my finger, I don't notice any problem. The screen stays clean and I can pop the case off and use a cleaner on it (or even wash it if I had to) without getting anything wet near the phone). If I ever do buy a phone again (and it's going to have to be a lot more than the Note 4 to entice me), it's going to have a Defender case for it or I'm not buying it. (No, I'm not trying to sell Otterbox cases, but I'm VERY impressed by the pounding it can take and still protect the phone. It's the Timex of phone cases - takes a licking and still keeps ticking.) And with the 3 (I don't know about the 4), it still fits into my shirt pocket (just barely). But it usually sits in the holster (which is also practically indestructible).

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm honestly just wondering which is a better work, the full case/screen like a Otterbox, or seperate pieces. Seems to be a decent mix of opinion. And just to further show how paranoid I am, both my Thunderbolt and since then, my Note 2, go in my pocket even IN the belt holster to further cover the screen when not being used. Yes, it fits ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress