Unlimited photo backup

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
So I've been paying for my wife to have 100gb of storage to back up her phone photos at full rez (which are all under 16mp). She's at 96gb now, and I have to decide if it's worth it to start spending $10 a month. But I'm hoping all those photos will become free with the announcement.

Will existing photos already uploaded be 'credited back' to our drive storage if they are under 16mp?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
When you get the Photos app, it asks you how you want to back up those pictures, either using the old plan you had, or using the new unlimited plan. You won't get back those 96GB unless you upload them again and then delete the old backups

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
That's a very interesting question that I was wondering about too. As of yet (I know, it's been so long!) my old photos are still taking up the same amount of storage space. I am hoping that they get grandfathered in.

Anyone know for sure one way or the other?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
There are a few questions... I know that they increase the compression of jpgs... On device, a pic was 2.9, once uploaded, it was 1.3. So there will be a little loss I suspect.

I haven't looked to see how much they sacrificed.

Maybe they are using Pied Piper. 😁

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Honestly 1TB of photo storage for $10 a month is pretty cheap and that is what 2 cups of coffee a month for photo backup. I have yet to backup much on mine, my wife is the photo hound. But I am looking at the 100GB for $2 a month since its linked to your Drive folder so its a good balance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty