Echo - The Villagers are REALLY angry!

Got2buzz

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You folks have been quite restrained in your comments compared to other forums and comment boards that I've read. Actually it's been very entertaining-allot of clever people have Androids apparently.:)

The "masses" are disappointed, insulted and downright angry over this ____________.(?) I get a picture in my mind of the scene where the angry villagers take up their torches and pitch forks and storm Dr. Frakenstien's castle!:D From some of the comments on other boards there ARE people mad enough to do it, they just don't want to go to Kansas (Sprint HQ)!

My real question is: does Sprint even HAVE marketing people? Their job could reallly be kindergarden simple. Take a pencil and paper-read these forums to see what people want, no....... are BEGGING for -write down all the details all ready laid out in extreme detail-get the phone made. Is that so hard?

Sucks! I went and gave away my secret. I was going be Sprint's new marketing boy genius!:D

My thanks to all who take the time to post-I appreciate you!

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't get why people are so insulted and bothered by the device. Just don't buy it! I know I won't, but I'm not switching from Sprint. I know Sprint will have something at MWC,CTIA. There HAS to be a Hero2 and EVO2 in the pipeline

Sent from my HTC EVO with Tapatalk Pro

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't get why people are so insulted and bothered by the device. Just don't buy it! I know I won't, but I'm not switching from Sprint. I know Sprint will have something at MWC,CTIA. There HAS to be a Hero2 and EVO2 in the pipeline

Im insulted that they think I would actually buy something like that, i'm also somewhat insulted that someone in the upper echelons of sprint is most likley getting paid 6 figures a year to think of "ideas" like this......whoever asked for a nintendo DS phone?

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Again, relax people. Spint only said it was an industry first. Which it is. Please, tell me one other dual screen phone out there?

We did all the extra hyping and got excited about a phone that does not appeal to us.

Sprint will most likely have more to say come CTIA in March.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Im insulted that they think I would actually buy something like that, i'm also somewhat insulted that someone in the upper echelons of sprint is most likley getting paid 6 figures a year to think of "ideas" like this......whoever asked for a nintendo DS phone?

Um don't quite understand your logic... Sprint has a variety of phones they have released or will release and each one is different in some way.

The Echo definitely isn't a phone I'd buy but because I wouldn't want it does not mean others might. They will be releasing other phones this year.

Just wait for CTIA next month when historically Sprint announces their next flagship phone.

thegov

May 6, 2010
Visit site
+1 to Verdes8891....jeeez calm down people. if you don't like the phone, don't buy it. yes i was disappointed, but it didn't end my world. and for all of you hoping to see an iphone on sprint announcement....HA!

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Villagers? Pitchforks? They aren't shoving this down anyone's throats. If you dont want it, dont buy it?

They'll come out with something cool..and when they do, buy that instead?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

If you're here the Echo is not meant for you. If you lust after devices like the Nexus S or Evo, this phone is not meant for you. Why even bother getting PO'd about a device you'll never even touch? Its like a diehard Android fan getting upset at the iPhone. What's the point?

Here's how this whole thing likely went down; Sprint approached all of its manufacturing partners about building a dual-screen device. Motorola probably turned them down without a second thought. HTC probably talked with them for a bit, before realizing what it would entail and didn't want to put their brand equity into this sort of device. That pretty much left them with no other options besides Sanyo.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

Sprint does not attend MWC. They will attend CTIA. MWC is more for manufacturers not carriers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress