Beware of Verizon New Roll Over Data Plan

se7enthsinn

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
This plan is not as good as it may seem... First off the data only rolls over for ONE month, it doesn't accumulate like the old AT&T/Singular minutes back in the day. So if you're on a 20 gig plan and you only use 18 the 2 gigs will roll over to the next month. The 2nd problem is that rolled over data stays in a reserve pool and it's used only if you go over your 20 gigs the following month. So on paper it will look like you have 22 gigs that month but you really only have 20. Verizon had the option to have the roll over data used first before your account's data but they opted not to because it will benefit the customer too much and create an accumulation of data like the old AT&T/Singular plans. If they allowed the rolled over data to be used first then every month you will have more data rolled over thus making the plan more viable, but Big Red doesn't want that. 3rd, if you upgrade to this plan you will have to install their new app that allows Verizon to throttle your phone's data if you get close or go over your plan's allowed data since they got rid of overages. It's a huge drop off in data speeds too, you go from a 4G average of 10 down/4 up to 300KB down/20KB up. That's freaking insane.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
yep the new Verizon throttled data plans suck. At those throttle speeds you may as well turn the radio off and look around for a public wifi. I was perfectly HAPPY with overage charges, I pay for what I use. An extra $11 per G isn't going to kill me... but more importantly it allowed me to remain connected at full speed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress