Paralyzed with Freear

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one who is now so gun shy about buying a new app for fear that it will show up the next day as a free download on the Amazon App Store?

I've been putting off finally paying for BeyondPod or picking up Doggcatcher, but I'm convinced that as soon as I do one of them will show up on Amazon.
Perhaps my fear is unwarranted as its unlikely they'll give away a $7 app.

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I hear what you're saying, but if it's something you need, go ahead and get it. You could end up sitting and waiting for months (years even) and it might not ever end up for free.

This is not directed at you in any way, so please don't take it that way; it's more of a general statement. But I really have to laugh when I hear people complaining about 4-5$ apps. Having used Palm from their early days, then winmob, it was not uncommon for a really good app to cost 20-25 dollars (think Datebook 6 on Palm, as well as others). Then as the ios app store took off, to hear people say things like "I wanted this app but it was $3, not .99" really cracked me up. And then to even hear some android users complain about apps not being free... :p

Anyway, done ranting, off my soapbox now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo