how did you end up at mobile nations?

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Being a mobile syrup reader it was like seeing Kevin Nash showing up in WCW when I heard you on the AC podcast. Was jarring and exciting at the same time.

Last edited:

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
This is actually a really awesome question @y2whisper! It's also something i wanted to ask @MrMobile :D

I'm so glad he switched because it has created Mr. Mobile and it's one of my top watched Youtube channels. It always hard answer a question (in my opinion) like this because normally you moved because you weren't 'happy' or wanted 'more' out of the job :)

Will defintely sub to this and see what Daniel's answer is.

Daniel Bader

Managing Editor, Android Central
Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Being a mobile syrup reader it was like seeing Kevin Nash showing up in WCW when I heard you on the AC podcast. Was jarring and exciting at the same time.

Well, I ended up here a little sideways. I love the Canadian mobile market, but it's a bit stale (as I'm sure you know, being Canadian). So I started looking for opportunities to work at a more U.S.-centric publication that also, occasionally, dabbles in Canada. Mobile Nations made a lot of sense because it is a remote company, so you can essentially work from anywhere, which is exactly what I wanted since I generally enjoy the flexibility of working from home.

I'd had some great discussions with Phil Nickinson over the years at various events, and he made AC seem like a great place to work. When I began at MN, though, I was a little "jack-of-all-trades" — I was acting Managing Editor of Windows Central for a few months behind the scenes, which led me to transitioning to AC, since I am an active Android user.

Thanks so much for reading, and for the question! Sorry for the delay in responding!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana