Those using a Case: Do you ever take it off? If you don't...

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
When it's time to sell it or upgrade do you regret not knowing how amazing it feels naked?

I've always had this rule, that after work/day off that I take the case off but last year had a few of bad lucks where I dropped three phones that I put my rule on hold. LOL :(

It ended when I got my moto Z back in March where I was forced to use it naked with the moto Mods.

I sold and upgraded to the LG G6 and Samsung S8 & S8+ where I'm back to my rule again. Using them naked when I'm not at work.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Do you need the case at work?
I work in an office, so the most common thing that could happen would be I spill coffee on the phone.

tattedup

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
Me being home is no guarantee of not dropping it. Granted using a case isn't perfect but it's all I know at this point. The last phone I used without a case was a samsung flip phone :)

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
It's funny. I felt the same way. When I went to sell a phone and I removed the case, I missed how it felt naked. My G6 is usually naked now. I don't drop my phone's often. I've only ever cracked one phone screen and that was my iPhone 4, 5 years ago. The G6 feels great without a case. All depends on the clumsiness factor of it's holder lol ;)

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Do you need the case at work?
I work in an office, so the most common thing that could happen would be I spill coffee on the phone.

Yes. I work in a factory.

Last time I didn't I bumped into a metal bar and chipped the corner of my phone, I think it was my BlackBerry Torch.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
It's funny. I felt the same way. When I went to sell a phone and I removed the case, I missed how it felt naked. My G6 is usually naked now. I don't drop my phone's often. I've only ever cracked one phone screen and that was my iPhone 4, 5 years ago. The G6 feels great without a case. All depends on the clumsiness factor of it's holder lol ;)
Exactly.

Besides I wonder how much does it really hurt me if there's a chipped or scratched?

I know I'll be different if I crack it but I think it's worth the risk using it naked even if it's just half the time.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I use a thin case, always have so it's not all that different than without. BTW...I drop my phone all the time, sometimes 3 times a day. I just have little regard for it and it gets abused, I work construction. With that said I don't buy into this Otterbox massive case thing or similar. Literally I've dropped this phone on cement, gravel, ceramic, puddles, tumbled around my van, gets thinset glopped on it, glue/adhesives and whatever else you could throw at it, and they've always worked fine...albeit a bit beat up at the time I move on but the thin case has always been enough. I have the S7 and had the G4 before this. FWIW anyway.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
What a great rule you had, OP! I always have a case on my phones, but they're almost always slim cases/skins so the barely-there feel is really nice. I'm too afraid to use my Honor 8 naked but I LOVE the feel of it without a case. Perhaps I'll give your rule a try!

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I use thin TPU cases and OEM apple silicone cases on my iphone. I never take them off. They are just too slick without them. I find the added grip with the cases improves ergonomics.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
What a great rule you had, OP! I always have a case on my phones, but they're almost always slim cases/skins so the barely-there feel is really nice. I'm too afraid to use my Honor 8 naked but I LOVE the feel of it without a case. Perhaps I'll give your rule a try!
Same here!

Personally I have a Nexus 6 and have a slim clear case.

And I too, never take it off.